Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Scoya try INVALID URL they are excellent. the insurance is fully comprehensive they dont charge for an extra driver or entry into Spain if you put it on your original booking. Have a look see what you think. Regards Jayjan
Jayjan, thanks so much for that information, much appreciated. The quote is great, so will be booking before the end of February to get a 10% discount.

Do you know, are they on site at Faro Airport? and do you deliver the car back to the airport, or do they use drop off points just outside?

Thanks again, Scoya.
:? Any info, please, about car hire in Olhos D'Gua OR Albufeira. We are looking for a good reliable car hire shop that has safe cars for rental. Has anyone any knowledge of local shops for this. Any info gratefully received. Thanx
Hi. If you try http://www.travelautos.com - they have an office in Albufiera and the rates are good, with full insurance, tax and surcharges. Free delivery to your hotel, and 2nd driver free. They also offer insurance should anything happen to your hire car then you will NOT have any excess to pay. This is the a great deal I think. Log on there and see what you think. Hope this helps.
Hi Dor it depends when you are going try http://www.economycarhire.com they do fully comprehensive insurance no excess included in the price. and they will deliver to your door or pick up at Faro airport. 2 drivers are in cluded and entry into Spain if you inform them when booking. Regards Jayjan
Do you know what - these two sites are practically the same layout etc. Just one diference economy car hire is that little bit cheaper!! I may get a fill of petrol for the difference. Thanks for that jayjan.
Hi,

Just back last week and we had a car for the entire holiday from Economy Car Hire and they were spot on. Collected at the airport, no fuss or hassle and we were in the car and off to the villa within 15 mins. Great to leave all the runaround for buses behind!

Dead easy drop off as well. Cheapest, fullly comp, almost new car.

I will definately use them every time from now on, highly recommended.

Lummie
Hi! Thanks all for your advice. We have now booked online with economycars. Very reasonable prices, as you say! Many thanks again. Happy holidays! :sun
Doramar

I have edited your post above to remove bold font which is not allowed as per the T&C's. Future posts in bold may be deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Anyone hired a car in Lagos-which company would you recommend for 3 day hire.
Luz cars-look them up.
Hi, We are going to Alvor in two weeks time and want to hire a car. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced car hire firm. We would like to pick it up from Faro airport.

Also what is travelling around by taxi or public transport like, do you think it is a cheaper/better option.

Thanks in advance.
We always booked through autosabroad before we moved out here. Public transport is not bad, but I would recommend a car Alana.
Hi Alana. we always use http://www.economycarhire.com they dont charge an excess on insurance so everything is covered (except tyres & windscreen, read terms & conditions) and if you want an extra driver or want exit into Spain they dont charge you if you let them know when you book. We have used this company for a long time. We have up to this last week or so always had our own vehicle in portugal but brought it back to UK last week because of insurance & UK road tax purposes & found it is cheaper to hire a car out there than use our own. Go online for a quote and compare it with other car hire companies who will quote you for 3rd party insurance and then have an excess of 650 euros should anything go wrong, but also they charge around 8 or 9 euros a day for full insurance if you require it on top of your quote. Regards Jayjan
Good call Jayjan,

Though I have found autosabroad will cover any excess if you push them, this company sounds like a winner. I will recommend them to mates coming over in the future.
Hi Alana,

I would thoroughly agree with Jayjan about Economy Car Hire. We've often used them for the same reasons. They also have a sister company, Travel Autos, who provide exactly the same cover and are sometimes cheaper. You can get a quote at http://www.travelautos.com/quote?ref=TA070.

Have a great holiday!
Can also highly recommend Economy Car Hire, (I believe Jayjan recommended them to me earlier this year), and they were great, very efficient, both on pick up and return. In addition to no extra charge for taking the car into Spain, from memory I believe they also don't charge for extras drivers. Regards, Scoya.
Yep,

I agree. Also used economy car hire and they were spot on. No excess, no hidden extras, efficient, cars etc. Will definately use again.

I think the company that provided the car in Portugal was called Travel Autos through economy car hire in the UK?

See ya,

Lummie 8)
The Portuguese firm that provides the cars for Economy Car Hire and Travel Autos is called TravelRent. Economy and Travel Autos are both UK based.

When we went the time before last, the TravelRent chap tried to persuade us to book direct with them rather than through the UK firms, but we weren't sure about the covering of the excesses etc. so stayed with Economy/Travel Autos. Anyone had any experience of booking direct with TravelRent in Portugal?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.