Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
hi sandy beaches...if i were you i would definately upgrade to the hotel...probably best to do this before you travel......the apartments at club barcelo are ok...but spread out over quite a large area...the hotel is obviously much newer and modern...we had a fanatastic holiday at he hotel in may after changing our accommadation from the club barcelo due to pool closures.......
I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times and I would say it definitely has the upper hand. Might be worth you asking when you get there, if you can't do it before.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Tracy and Kath :D

I thought it was the hotel I booked in the first place :roll:

Hopefully when the wages come in at the end of January I will be able to upgrade... I've been told the beds at the hotel are very comfy :D
Yes you can upgrade when you get there - if they have rooms available.

Or even better still you can actually email them about this and they should get back to you within a few days. Look at their barcelo.com website for contact details.
Thanks cpm..I will do that :D
Have booked holiday in mid june at this complex-after reading reviews i emailed the hotel to enquire about upgrading but they said it was not possible to do so! i am very worried after hearing reports about cockroache and other insect infestations - my daughters and i hate creepy crawlies and would consider cancelling if as bad as reported! Anybody know which part of the complex is the best to stay at and which to avoid :shock: as some reports say the apartments they stayed at had no cockroaches? :shock:
We went to this complex in October 05, we did not experience any infestations at all. Please do not allow others to frighten you, believe me if there were any I would have moved my self.We had a ground floor apartment and I too was worried when I read these reports. Go on your holiday and enjoy it we had a lovely time pools are excellent as is the food need more info contact me.

**Email address removed - as per the T&C o the site - Kath HT Admin**
We left Barcelo Club this morning and just returned home. We too emailed them before we went to upgrade but like you they referred us back to our tour operator - we didn't bother in the end !

We had no problems with ants / cockroaches in the apartment, they are kind of 'bungalows' rather than traditional apartments.

Sure ants and cockroaches are about so are camels and chipmunks !

We saw a couple of cockroaches but they normally appear after dark but on the pavements and common areas rather than walking around the apartments - you have to expect to see some, its a warm country and thats where they live !

You will be very very unlucky to have any where you stay.

There are a few, a handful of traditional apartments ie on the first floor - perhaps an email requesting one of these may help put your mind at rest.
Anyone know what bungalow numbers are by the pool..the pool thats in all the brochures next to the castillo??
Sorry can't help - we binned the site map away yesterday when we packed to come home. Apartments in the low 1000 range face the sea / road (ours was facing the sea and it's rather bracing at this time of the year I can tell you !)

I know its probably not much help but the apartments around the main pool / shop square area were in the 2000's but cant be more specific.

........ on a different subject.

We found the local Barcelo Club cat population to be rather well fed and eventually discovered the reason why - there is a 'cat cafe' in the grounds around the 1030ish apartment range

Never seen one before - its a covered 'air raid' shelter type design, about 3ftx4ft and 2ft high. There are plenty of cat bowls full of food and a good supply of tins of whiskers bought presumably by Brits'.

However, this doesn't stop the cats from catching the local chipmunks but hey thats cats for you !
Hi all...I'm just back from Fuerteventura today..I will compose myself before I write anything about that place... I'll say for now though, I am not a happy bunny :bhead :swear
I absolutly hated these apartments!..I had 6 cockroaches and millions of ants!..The apartment cleaner didn't understand that her job title included cleaning the bathroom and sweeping the floor, we had to phone to reception to ask for clean towels as she couldn't be bothered to even do that..
I went half board and the food was appalling..

The first night we had duck in grape sauce...the duck still had feathers on :shock: ..the other choice of fish with clams in a white sauce had so many bones in it, it would have taken all night to eat it without chocking to death! ...The highlight of each night was the "show cooking" the first night it was...wait for it.....Sausages! :lol: and so it went on..night after night...food that was awful!

I complained to the manager and got no where... I have also complined to my tour operator and to Barcelo Europe by e-mail.

The only good thing going for the apartments, where they are situated and the pools..which were spotless
We stayed at these apartments early May 2005. After reading reviews we were not sure quite what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. We had an upstairs 1 bed apartment near to reception, with a large balcony area. The apartment was cleaned daily, with plenty of clean towels. We had no cockcroaches or ants.

We were self-catering and ate in the main town most days, so I can't comment on the food at the complex.

The beach which was a 2 minute walk from the apartment was clean and ideal for our 3 year old daughter. However, I would recommend waterproof shoes for swimming as there are stones and rocks under the water.

As we went early in the season the resort was quite peaceful and relaxing, but I would image it could get quite hectic in the school holidays as it is ideal for children.
Hi Dumbo

If you'd like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Pippy :D
Hiya Dumbo :D
Glad you had a good time...but lots of water can pass under a bridge in nearly a year :D
as apartments they were ok...and the location of mine 2092 was brilliant...but as I said, sometimes its the things like maid service and food which can make or break a long worked for holiday :D
Don't mean to be stupid
but the reviews for this accommodation under 'Hotel reviews' list the location as 'caleta de fuste'.

I'm currently thinking about booking the same name accommodation through First choice but the location says ' costa caleta'.

Is this one and the same or a completely different area in Fuerteventura?
:?:
Barney
Ignore my last, just spotted on a map - its the same place

Yikes - Is it really as bad as some of these comments?

Place looks really nice, good price too!

8)
Barney
Its the same one...apartments.... nice on the outside...but self catering would be best..i was in 2092..
Going to barcelo club in 4 weeks time - 14th June! Anyone been there recently? Emailed them to enquire about any building work going on as i had heard rumours, they replied they currently have some renovations going on but that's only in one area!!! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.