Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
you dont say when you are going but either way, just check out hotel reviews, on your left. varied reports. enjoy whenever! the weather is never as bad as back home!! :D
Hi all, just a quicky, is the above the same as castillo beach apartments, or is it a completely different place, cheers 8) :D 8)
we have been to caleta de fuste twice before but went somewhere different this year, and to be honest can't wait to get back to caleta de fuste next year.
no holiday can seem to match up to fuerteventura, and would like some help please. thinking of booking up in the castillo beach bungalows for next year and would like to know where they are.
are they close to the beach, shops etc; as i have been told 2 different locations for them.

if anyone can help me i would be really greatful as i really can't wait to get back there...

many thanks.

tara.l
They are some distance from the beach - about a 15 minute walk down a long steep hill.

There are a few bars, shops and restaurants in the area.

The complex is actually very nice (we stayed there 2 years ago) but found the trek down to the main part of the resort and beach etc a bit of a drag. The mini train does run close by however!
Hi tara,

I first went to Castillo Beach at the age of 10 (now 21) and we've been back around 6 times and my parents hae now bought into the montecastillo property just next door. It is a bit of a mission to the beach, walking down is quite pleasant but we always get what the locals call the 'wally trolley' back up the hill! It has 5 parts to the complex, each with a pool and bar/restaurant where they hold different entertainment. The kids club is excellent-I still remember going when I first went. The supermarket is close, along with a few bars. There is lots of new shops and restaurants down by the beach and a new 6screen cinema complex with the compulsary maccy dees?! (put a dampner on it in my eyes, but hey) Oh and did you know the resort is no longer called Caleta de fuste? It's now Costa Caleta?! There is a waterpark now too (Corralejo).

Any more info required let me know.

Emma-Jane
thankyou veru much for the info, its much appreciated, and a great help.

tara.n
Calette is divided by the main North/South road. The resort you are looking at is up the hill away from the beach. It is serviced by a number of local bars, restaurants and 2 minimarkets. A little quieter than the 'town' but it has enough to be enjoyable without venturing down the hill. After a long day on the beach it can be a bit of a tiring walk back especially for kids but the mini-train is available upto a certain time and a cab is just a few euros. Have a great time. Andy :sun
hi all :wave . it has been so long since i have been on due to loads happening over last year. not been since june last year !! now have new grandson. anyway we go back to fuert on 27th may :D the last two years we have been to fuerteventura beach club. but for some reason this year we could not get there. so we are just a bit further up at castillo beach bungalows. we have seen them before with being around but dont really know what they are like. looked at last review, dec 05, didnt look too good. we, husband and i, are the type of people who just get on and make the best of wherever. but it would be good to know in advance if we are in for a big shock. :o if anyone has any up to date info would be ever so grateful. bye for now
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
I just got back on sunday, We stayed in castillo beach, the ones with the coral bar in the middle with pool and all the bungalows round the outside. Was a really really nice place, rooms we pretty sparse but had everything you needed and was very very clean. General atmosphere was great and the coral bar is good too.

Pool is cold :) and its about a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Highly reccomended :)
Darrel.
We have been given 2 weeks in the above timeshare apartments for last week in July/beginning of August.

Cant find out much information on them so if anyone has been any info would be much appreciated. I understand that they are based up a hill and a walk into the town/beech.

Also we are thinking of hiring a car from the airport can anyone recommend a hire company.

Finally - we have 2 children 12 and 10 - what else would you recommend to do on the island ?

Thanks
For car hire info, please see/post in THIS topic :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.