Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Playa Blanca is nice. We stayed there at the Hespira Playa Dorada Hotel, which is right on the prom, nice and flat, either walk left to the marina, bars restaurants, or turn right on the prom, again flat walk to the centre of Playa Blanca, We loved the position of the hotel, although too large for us , we llike smaller hotels
I would second Bejay's recommendation of Playa Blanca. There is a very long flat promenade, some nice cafés for a drink or meal and the marina area is worth a walk round and has a choice of restaurants.
The hotel I stayed in The Rubimar is near the marina but has a lot of steps so may not be suitable.
Judith
i agree aswell playa blanca is lovily i stayed at the lanzarote princess half board,it was fab. just a walk out of the back gate across a road then down a gentle slope to the beach trouble is i cant remember if there were any steps i suggest you make a note of these hotels then review them on here and make your choice i think if you do your research before you go you cant really go wrong have a fab holiday wherever you choose :tup
Thank you madmadge (I'm sure you're not mad), steps etc are not too much of a problem,
the cardiac hills when very long and steps into the hundred(s)
could be a different proposition.

We have been fortunate on our travels, nervously I scan the forums
and review sites before committing, even so although my wife has
faith in my choice, I am on edge until we have settled in.

I have always said that if my choice was a disaster I would just
book in somewhere else and hopefully claim back on the original
choice, win or lose I wouldn't allow it to ruin our holiday.
good for you i think playa blanca would be fine for you then,definately no cardiac hills it is lovily and flat and the walk along the prom is lovily enjoy both there are some very nice hotels too if you want to pay the price
Definately Playa Blanca. Have been going there for numerous years. The Lanzarote Princess or the Playa Dorada are both in good locations. We have stayed at both but at the Princess many times. The Princessa Yaiza is a fantastic hotel but quite a bit more expensive. Again a great position. The Yaiza and Playa Dorada have direct access onto the promenade. The Lanza Princess is set back a bit with a slope down to the promenade. Not too steep though.
The promenade is flat and you can walk for miles if the need takes you. There are plenty of good restaurants if you want to eat out. A low key resort with a fishing harbour and where the ferries go across to Fuerteventura.
As you may have guessed I am a Playa Blanca convert and go every year at least once :)
Food for thought there, thank you both for your time.

:offtop 9-1 today - I feel as if I am on holiday already. :whoops 9-1
Sands Beach in Costa Teguise is exactly what you are looking for. http://www.sandsbeach.eu.
Thank you Rosa.

When time permits I shall have a look, unfortunately I have to fly off to Ireland unexpectedly to attend a friends funeral taking place tomorrow.
I am fortunate that I can take my time to hopefully make the right decision, once again thank you.
I agree with the others..I think Playa Blanca will sit you very well as it is not as noisy/busy as somewhere like Puerto Del Carmen.
There are also parts of Costa Teguise that are quieter in the Playa Bastian area.

In Playa Blanca, I think the Lanzarote Princess would be suitable.
I agree with Val and other people who have suggested Playa Blanca, especially bearing in mind the time of year you are comng!

In my opinion Costa Teguise and sands beach villas would not be my choice. CT is very spread out, and sands beach villas are not exactly in the centre of things, plus it can be windy and cold there at that time of the year.
I have time on my side so will sort out where in PLAYA BLANCA to stay nearer the time.

:sun2 :sun2 Thank You everyone, I shall consider ALL your suggestions. :sun2 :sun2
:cheers Thank You Everyone we have booked into the Lanzarote Princess :cheers
Not knowing the standard to expect we booked a superior room for two adults half board for a total
price of 796.10 euros for our 11 day stay - That sounds reasonable to me because our return flights
are only £29.98 each with no airport charges etc.

:yikes My wife is MAD (for a Cuppa) - Do they have tea making facilities in the rooms? :que

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airport to resort transfer RETURN trip.

I have been quoted Shared Shuttle £20 each, the Taxi quote was £100.
A £60 difference bears thinking about but does the shuttle take forever?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi spurs so glad you have booked the lanzarote princess.we went 2 years ago and there wasnt any tea making facilities in the room.we brought a little travel kettle from argos and took that with us,we took the shuttle bus and found them fine we didnt have any hanging around but i suppose every day can be different and all of us have good and bad experiences of this.the only thing i didnt like with the shuttle is we had to phone them 24 hours before our return pick up to confirm with them hope you have a fab time both and hopefully someone may have been more recent and they may have kettles now ;)
As far as I am aware the Lanza Princess do not have kettles.
:wave:

Thank you Madge, I will get a travel kettle, eleven days supping the local brew may be too much.

I think I shall take the shuttle because our return trip is on a Thursday, the islands busiest day,
taxis may not be as reliable.

Thanks for your help.

:wave:

Thank you Sunaddict,

The lack of kettles in rooms appears to apply to an increasing number of hotels,
not only on the Balearics and Canaries but the Spanish mainland as well.
If you want to take a taxi there are plenty of them around. The queue outside the terminal building always looks pretty massive but does go down reasonably quickly due to the volume of taxis that are available. Enjoy the Princess - we always do when we go.
I am back from my 11 day stay at the Lanzarote Princess which I wouldn't rate 4 stars, some of the facilities were but others failed to get above 3 star quality.

Lanzarote Princess is part of the H10 group who run a system that made me feel a little like a second class citizen (I know I am better than that), they grade their membership according to the number of points gained for days you stay and what you spend whilst there, for my 11 days I have 705 points, you need 4000 points to qualify for a kettle in your room. What made me annoyed was that I booked two months in advance as a first time visitor, I had emails from H10 confirming my requirements, along came someone with more than 4000 points and claimed my booked room and they got it, not getting what I booked did not go down well, as a softener we were allowed to use the dressing gowns, slippers, kettle and minibar that were still in the room, the fact that those items were there indicated to me that the switch took place THAT day. YES the room was refurbished but I reported a wall socket hanging off the wall on the first evening and it was still hanging off the day we left, I didn't bother reporting the bathroom door screws loose altering the angle of the door because I do not go on holiday to give free maintenance surveys.
Some of the food was good the leg of lamb, the pork ribs to name two but the vegetables were always cold, potatoes and chips also, meals were mainly subjected to salad to cheer up the appearance of your plate, we have had much better meals in some of the 3 star hotels visited elsewhere, it was those veggies fault.
I admit that I didn't realise Lanzarote was so barren but this Hotel was close to the best beach in Playa Blanca even though I thought it small, taken over by about 500 sunbeds leaving little free space at busy periods.
It was nice to visit the island but I doubt if we will return.
A place for the oldies to get some winter sun but in need of a bit more action.
One nice gesture was the hotel came to the room with an ice bucket containing a bottle of champagne for me to celebrate my 74th birthday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.