Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I have no direct experience since my "kids" are now about 6'2" tall. However, there are plenty of restaurants that welcome families and from observation many that have a childrens-menu section of the main menu. If that is not suitable then many of the "starters" are in fact smaller portion dishes from the main meal menu.
One restaurant I would highly recommend is TOTS, which is in a back street one back from the main Alcudia road at the central roundabout by the harbour (behind the big Chinese restaurant which has a clothes shop on the ground floor). If you explain what you want you will have no difficulty getting it.
PP is very much a family-centered resort and yours will not be the first request of this kind.
i agree my kids loved TOTS....alsp TRIO.....
One other the loved is on the Prom...was The Joker...more basic...but good quality food...

Me ...i loved Cafe Centric......in the square...the Mussels are to die for
You will have no trouble at all getting smaller portions, family food etc. Another really good one is Tango down one of the side streets just off the main square (& going towards the sea). They have tables outside & several more inside. Live music. & very friendly. Don't worry at all. You'll be spoilt for choice.. & will be returning year after year!
Theres a good Tex-Mex retaurant in the market square which has kids menus. The kids will also be familiar with the food....not too foreign :D :D
tex-mex not to foreign for an American or a Mexican......just shows what we think Brit food is....lol.. :P
Agree that you'll have no problem at all getting kids portions of main courses. Was last there three years ago and our youngest was ten at the time. Puerto Pollensa is extremely family orientated, and most restuarants/bars are more than happy to provide smaller portions of main courses at reduced charge.

Enjoy :wink:
But after seeing so many food related questions,and not much about the local cuisine,a Q for Pollensa...I presume there is a top notch Spanish Restaurant in Pollensa.
I love Paella,and daft as it may seem i have a superb tapas bar in Manchester run by a man from Madrid,whos food is excellent.I did Marbella a couple of years back and the tapas etc in one of their supposed quality restaurants was rubbish,so i`d hate to go all that way and be disappointed food wise.
Yes there are plenty of very good Mallorquin/Spanish restaurants in Puerto Pollensa & Pollensa town. A lot of them do Paella either as a starter or as a main course at lunch times as most Spanish enjoy a long lunch. Try El Posito http://www.puertopollensa.com/elposito or http://www.puertopollensa.com/lafortalesa for Malloquin specialities. Also Bar Nou in Pollensa old town is known for its Paella's - see http://www.puertopollensa.com/barnou

That's few to be going on with. There are also 2 very good books for Mallorquin recipes - The Taste of a Place Mallorca & Walk and Eat Mallorca.
Many thanks Pollensa,all saved to faves,and booked to go this morning.

15th July,can`t wait already.

PS,the link at the bottom of your messages doesn`t work :wink:
Have fixed link - thank you.
Hello Experts!

I'm off to Majorca in a months time and starting to get the holiday buzz as we prepare for our trip.

Can anyone recommend some quality restaurants in Puerto Pollensa ideally within walking distance from the Pollensa Park. They must also cater for vegitarians.

We love spanish and med influenced food and would touch an egg and chips type place with a bardgepole while on holiday. Tapas bars are also good for us.

I look forward to your recommendations.
Can anyone recommend some nice restaurants in Pollensa, and bars please.

Many thanks :cheers
Past recommendations have included TOTS and TANGO. However, TOTS is under new management, all of the previous staff are no longer there, and although the menu remains the same the food has changed for the worse. Tango has moved out of town on the Alcudia road because the building in the centre was unsafe and has been demolished. Rebuilding will take 3 years.
So ignore any recommendations for these two unless you hire a car and go to Tango.
If you like Spanish style food then the "Celler La Parra" on the Pollensa road opposite the BetaCar hire place is excellent and is my favourite in town. The "Simbad" on the front is very popular with Brits and is always packed out but I found the food very ordinary and not worth a revisit. The Chinese "Dragon" on the Formentor road just off of the Pollensa road is excellent, as is the Indian at the back of the main square, just by the church. The Italian place, "Little Italy", by the beach out on the Pine Walk is excellent, also the "Eolo" by the main roundabout.
There are so many restaurants in PP that it's difficult to recommend without knowing personal preferences.
Hi Mr Parsons, if you are looking for quality restaurants in PP they are mainly situated around the square and along the Pine Walk, there are so many to choose from I wouldn't like to recommend. If you're staying at the Pollensa Park you've made a good choice but you will be looking at a 15 minute walk to get to the restaurants from there but it's a nice stroll on the sea front. The food in the hotel is very good if you decide to dine in one of the evenings :wave:
Hi everyone, could do with some help please

I shall be going to Pollensa in June, I am planning to propose to my girlfriend and I wanted to take her to a nice / romantic restaurant with a beach view (ideally) So that after the meal we can have a walk on the beach and i can pop the question.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that would fit the bill

Much appreciated
There are two restaurants right on the harbour with views over the beach... STAY and LA LONJA. Both are very popular
but also expensive in comparison with many others in the resort. I personally don't like STAY based on one visit there but others love it. There are lots of restaurants along the Pine Walk pedestrian area, all of which front onto the beach. All of them are packed out every night which is always a good sign.
appreciate the advice, do you mind me asking what your bad experience was at Stay?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.