Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
"designer" + "oil painting" + "expensive"

bascially everything that she would be looking for from a restaurant :D

Thanks for the advice!
Well if that's the criteria and you don't insist on beach views (although only about 100m away) then try the IVY GARDEN 49 which is on the Formentor Rd (one back from the Pine Walk).
Personally I think that Stay would be perfect. The view across the bay is wonderful. To be sure to get service try & avoid Friday which is their busiest night as it's often the last night for a lot of people & it can be a little rushed. Try & let them know it's for something special & they'll make sure you get a good table. For a preview of the menus & even the set menu for the next 2 weeks (tremendous value at 32 EUR) see their website http://www.stayrestaurant.com/
thanks for the advice everyone, i got my Dad who can speak Spanish to call them and reserved a table in advance, and informed them it was a special meal etc, I think they were a bit surprised to get a reservation call all the way from Manchester! Either way it's all set up :sun2
Just back from puerto pollensa, fabulous!!

Restaurants we went to-

1. Little Italy - excellent! Right next to beach, gorgeous views of sunset (very roamntic), pizzas are to die for! Especially pizze espania (chorizo, mozzerella and an egg, sounds weird but its the business, trust me!). average price per pizza around 11euros. Get the recommended red wine- macia battle crianza, its a locally produced majorcan red wine and is fab, we bought 2 bottles in a supermarket and brought them home with us.

2. Trio. fab also. 3 courses plus drink for 15euro, and the baked potatoes that come with the mains are the best ever- all oven baked and buttery. I had the pork and steak kebab, yum, my other half had the beeef medallions with pepper sauce, mmmmmmm, get this!!

3. Dakota tex mex- chain restaurant but good enough. Something for everyone, i had fajitas, they were really good. Although had to pay 2euro extra for sour cream whichi thought was ridiculous.

4. Jokers, cheap and cheerful, i had a huge burger with bbq sauce and onion rings, lovely!

5. hotel sis pins, lovely views of beach also. I had the sword fish which was very nice, first time i'd ever tried it. My other half had the slow roasted lamb. This was amazing! Going to try and re-create this one at home very soon, as well as pizza espania!

Stayed for 6 nights, on the last night went back to Little Italy, our fav!

Enjoy!x
I agree most of your observations on "Little Italy" on the Pine Walk. The Pizzas are the best in PP (the Eolo might advertise they are the best, but they're not), however, don't order any pasta dishes as they are grossly overpriced for what's on the plate. Also the wine is good but again very overpriced in comparison with house wines in other restaurants such as the Celler La Parra (main Pollensa road opposite BetaCar car-hire). That remains one of the best value restaurants in PP. I've never tried the "Ses Pins" but I will now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.