Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
One of the Airport staff at Monastir hinted something similar in Nov. Didn't say when, only that it might be next year.
I'll have to look into that for next visit. :think
When we were travelling back to the Monastir last year on the coach, the rep, pointed out Enfidha airport in the distance, and said from May (I'm sure he did say May) that fights were going to be flying and coming in, from the new airport, it was already being used for people coming in from Sweden (I think it was) and eventually flights from Monastir, were going to be phased out. I have been looking at Tunisia again for next year, and all flights are showing up for the Enfidha airport.

Roo :)
Hi everyone ive not flown to Monastir since june 08 as my mum passed away in june 09.
So i hadnt heard about the airport closing, i tried pricing flights yesterday to monastir and it came up with Enfidha, now i know why on reading your posts. Thankyou once again for the info.
Can i just ask is the new airport quite near to the old one, just thinking about travelling distance to Port el kantaoui.
Thankyou......x
Hi carriejayne, PEK stands roughly the same distance from each airport.

approx 25km from Enfidha airport to Port El Kantaoui.

" 23km from Monastir airport to PEK
click link below
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9917/peki.jpg
Travelling time from Enfidha or to give it it's proper name Enfidha Zine El Abidine Ben Ali International Airport to PEK will be slightly less than from Monastir as the route is mainly on the fast A1 Motorway directly to PEK.
You are right Roo. Flights have been coming in from Sweden since last year as a friend of mine has used it. She says it was fine. Whichever airport you go in to you'll still have to 'negotiate' with the taxi drivers. :rofl
off to tunisis in may and plane lands in enfidha airport, cnt wait to see it, its meant to be better than old one
The new airport is lovely and it only took us about 40 minutes to and from PEK last week :tup
The only problem with Enfidha seems to be the lack of taxis unless things have changed in the past year so it will be necessary to book a transfer, either through your tour operator or one of the transfer companies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.