Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oh no! Hope everyone is okay. We are flying out to stay there on Monday!
kimi, Contact your T/o as everyone has been moved from this hotel to others.
I'm just off the phone to them - they said that only one apartment and the sauna had been affected and was some smoke damage - big clean up in progress just now - won't affect our holiday apparently. Think will have to play this by ear just now.
Can anyone tell me if this is Club Anastasia this report refers to?
I saw this on the news yesterday and as I am travelling to Club Anastasia next month, I called FC who told me that they are monitoring the situation and would call me if any changes need to be made to my booking. I stated that I didnt want to get to a week before my holiday and told it was cancelled, id had enough hassle a few years back with the Kos Aqua Beach Club not being built in time for my hol and left right up until the last minute before moving me. He told me that there was nothing he could do right now but was awaiting information from resort.
I sent an email to the Hotel as I was getting a bit nervous about our booking, especially since 8 of us go on Monday.
This is the reply I got from the hotel.

CLUB ANASTASIA CONTINUES TO OPERATE AS BEFORE.

Reports on Club Anastasia fire in UK press are Greatly Exaggerated. The management emphasize that the small fire broke out in sauna and was put down within a very short time.

Sincerely
Club Anastasia Management
They had to smash through Fire Doors and walk through the broken glass ?

Guess we might find out what actually happened eventually......

John
I am also staying at the Anastasia, although not until September, but i hadnt heard how bad the fire was and so rang First Choice as a precaution. I was told that the extent of the fire was unclear but First Choice were carrying out their own investigation and i was advised to ring back in a few days time when more information would be made available.
we are taking the grandkids on the 13th july for a week as a treat after their dad died after a road accident on the 10th of may...we hope and pray all will be well by then...i have been in touch with travel agent who knew nothing about the incident...they will be contacting me tomorrow....as they say things can only get better...and i hope all involved are ok....thanks Gavin 8-)
Gavin, sorry to hear of your families bereavement, hope that the hotel is habitable for you all in time for you in 2 weeks time. What worrys me however, is that my sisters neighbours home was struck by lightening last week and a small fire occured which was put out really quick, my sister was shown around the house today by the owner and she said its terrible, the amount of smoke and water damage created through one small fire has meant the owner cannot return to live in the house until roughly christmas!!!

FC are a nightmare for keeping you updated, they take your money yet leave you in the dark. I suggest those travelling really soon, phone FC every day to find out the state of play, I know you cannot go by one persons take on the situation, but I read it from that newspaper link, that FC have moved quite a few holidaymakers out of the hotel, now if this is was only a small fire with one room being affected, how comes people had to movel hotels.

Fingers crossed to those travelling soon and look forward to hearing back you reviews of the hotel, I was just starting to get excited about the holiday now its paid - had not been wanting to go through financial worry and this happens!
o michelle
i was about to post that very same story, thats my local rag!
im not holidaying this year but i hope anyone goin to this hotel has the best holiday with not too much of an upheaval!
thank you michelle...hilda that is where we saw the news in the sentinelle as we are from the stoke on trent area, Michelle according to the hotel web site everything is being overstated... but its a bit strange that some people were being evacuated from the building by the fire service. they may well be able to clean the mess up...but with smoke there will be a lingering smell.... also as reported in our local the lady said that the fire alarms didnt seem to be going off....this needs to be addressed if true... Gavin 8-)
My accom was booked through Flightline acting as an agent for hotels4u.com. When I rang Flighline yesterday they spoke to H4U, who contacted the resort etc and by the time I was called back I think perhaps the information may have been mixed up -I actually think it is one apartment BLOCK that's been affected and not just one apartment as this would tend to make more sense.

Now what is worrying me is, last week I tried to book an extra night in the hotel but couldn't as it was fully booked. It seems likely that those whose apartments were in the fire-damaged block will have been moved to alternative accommodation meantime. So if the hotel was fully booked in the next coming weeks and there are now fewer apartments available, I wonder what is going to happen with the new arrivals.

Gavin, I am sure the fire alarm system will have been scrutinised now if that had happened. I guess they will be moving heaven and earth to get the affected apartments up and running again as soon as possible. Will post any updates on here as we seem to find out more from this than anyone else!!
your right kimi...who needs the press...when we have h/truths..i will be following this thread and will update any info i come across. thanks ...Gavin 8-)
............................ps are you there for 2 weeks...if so hope to meet you(if all is well) if not have a great
holiday.
Hi Gavin
Yeah we are going for 2 weeks so will (hopefully) see you there! How old are your grandchildren?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.