Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went around 8 years ago and it was a large resort then.

At that time we stayed in Ladies Beach which was around a 15min dolmus ride away.

If you liked mamaris then i think you will like Kusadasi - but stay on the outskirts and make sure your hotel/accomodation is not far from the beach as Kusadasi goes inland for miles.

Hope this helps a bit.
is it as cheap as marmaris
Yes kusadasi is as cheap...like every where else it depends on where you buy and how street wise you are but kusdasi can be very cheap...& ...when it's not cheap it can be very good value for money.

it covers a lot of area and has the benefit of easy access to other market towns Soke [Wednesday[ and selcuk [saturday] both of which are worth a visit.

It also has two large aqua parks very close by - aqua fantasy, which is a bit like eurodisney on water and aquapark which is the biggest in europe and also has white water rafting....enjoy

Pat :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Been to Kusadasi 4 times.Always stayed at the Grand Blue Sky hotel as it was B&B and we ate out for all the other meals as it is so cheap. In my experience i think this side of Kusadasi makes it easier to enjoy what is on offer for the region. If you stay at the Grand Blue Sky or The Imbat you only have to walk a few minutes and you are in Ladies Beach,both these hotels have now gone All-Inclusive but their is plenty more in the Ladies Beach vicinity. You can get a Dolmus into Kusadasi outside these hotels and i doubt if you have to wait more than 5 minutes for one.
I would recommend The Grand Blue Sky but must say i have not stayed All-Inclusive. The private beach is lovely and the grounds are kept immaculate. The rooms are a good size and have air-con.
I have written reports on other holiday sites about Kusadasi and where to eat and such. Bar Street is the lively part of town at night,but if you want to walk and browse the shops until late the town is perfect.
Dont by cigarettes in any place except for Duty Free at the airport, as they are fakes. Gold is good to buy and is usually 9ct or 14ct .
Hope this has helped you. Have a nice holiday.
Kusadasi is brilliant! Even at my advanced ageI enjoyed it immensely. The people are very friendly, they like to know all about you and where you come from, and can be really helpful. Our travel kettle broke the day after we arrived, and we asked the proprietor of the place where we had eaten a couple of times if he could tell us where we could get another one, and he insisted on bringing his own from home and lending it to us for the rest of our holiday, even including 2 cups and saucers!
The Hotel Atinc is OK to stay at, right on the seafront, but opposite Town beach, which is NOT so great.
My first holiday in Turkey was at Kussadassi and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a fairly big resort, so plenty to see and do. If you are after a bit of culture Ephesus is also only a short distance away.

Stewart
I forgot to say, don`t stand still for too long, or someone will clean your shoes and charge you the earth for doing it!
i was in kusadassi with the wife in 2000 and i really liked it ,we stayed in the prince ada hotel a short dolmus ride out of town . we had been to marmaris before that and found kusadassi similar in most ways watch out in the bazzar as if there is a cruise ship in some of the traders seem to inflate there prices a bit but if you tell them that you are staying in the resort and not from the boat the starting price comes down quite a lot. anyway we found the resort safe and clean and the people very friendly we would definatly recomend it to anyone
ps the market in soke is defanatly worth a visit plenty of bargins to be had
Kush is a different kind of resort than Marmaris but just as good in its own way, and it has a HUGE weekly market. Best time to shop tho, is after the cruise ships leave :lol: :lol: :lol:
I couldn`t agree more about Soke market. It`s great, and seems to go on forever! I bought some lovely clothes for my grandchildren whilst we were there, at really low prices.
If a nice beach is wanted, you could do a lot worse than Long beach, abou 10mins from town by dolmus. Ladies beach is very popular, but we found it to be very crowded, hardly a space to be had, but then again, some people like it that way, so each to their own.
If you go to Ephesus, you could combine it with a visit to Selcuk, they also have a very good market. If you are a lady, whilst at Ephesus visit the ladies toilets at the amphitheatre end of the site, they`re lovely, spotlessly clean and smelling of lemons, with lovely lemony soap!
If the kids like water they will love the Aquafantasy and Adaland waterparks.

In that area of Kusi you have the Tusan Beach, Ephesus princess and a couple of other AIs which were relatively cheap. Not sure if the kids will get on too well with the hotel food, but all day supplies of soft drinks pizza, chips and burgers does help!
hi everyone
Has anyone stayed in the opus appartments in kusadasi, we are going in july and have been going to marmaris for the last 3 years but decided to have a change.
If so could you tell us which are the nearest beaches or restaurants that are the best to go to and whereabouts the opus appartments are ? thankyou to everyone on HT who have given us so much help , we were one of the people who really didn't want to go to Turkey lol and we have been no where else since, we love it so much.
Thankyou once again :) xx
We've been going to Kusadasi for 4 yrs now. 2 and 3 times a year. We dislike the place so much we've bought an apartment there. We're middle aged but still love Bar Street, and the beaches are fantastic. Happy to talk to anyone who needs more info.
:D Kush is a great resort, plenty to do, loads of great places to eat, old town great, market goes on for ever but great fun :P Stayed at ladies beach one year, just jump the dolmus into town at night, one every five mins, also stayed in town which we prefered, at The Villa Konak, would highly recomend, a beautiful oasis, just five mins up the hill, but no children allowed as lots of steps and different surfaces.Will be going back one day :D
Went to Kusadasi 7 years ago hated it, been to Marmaris past 6 years love it.
Kusadasi is a great place, your gonna have some fun and so will the kids, and yes its cheap!
hi there just to let you know that the opus aparts are just a little outside centre of kusadasi ,they are beside yeni garaj the bus station which is served by the provincial buses to izmir and also the dolmus stop there too. if you look to the left of the opus you will see tansas supermarket but its across a busy road so be careful and if you look to the right you will see migros another supermarket so your spoiled for choice, you will also get taxis otside to centrum or town centre as its called.we have been going to kus a good few times and we love it. our favourite restaurants are ciminos on the town beachfront which serves seafood and pasta among others also i would reccommend the saray restaurant in town.they sreve steaks ,fish,pasta,pizzas i can vouch for the peppered steak and my mouth is watering here!!!!! :lol: there are 2 turkish baths in town one is beside akdeniz motel and the other is behind the ptt which is the main post office ,the town beach is a bit on the small side and you have ladies beach and long beach also oh another restaurant i forgot to mention was the four seasons restaurant in town its serves some excellent turkish food and its really nice , tables outside and my 4 year old loves their kebabs and rice,i cant think of anything else about the opus as we haven,t stayed there but i hope you enjoy your stay cheers karen :D
hiya friends of ours have just returned from there first ever holiday abroad, to kusadasi, they are saying that they found the resort very expensive and were lucky to get by on £150 a day just for food and drinks, this has completely put them off ever going abroad again, even though weve told them how great marmaris is. could anyone tell me if this resort is known for being expensive or did they just eat and drink in the wrong places
Blimey!! I thought it was impossible to spend that much money in Turkey....

I stayed at the Ladies Beach area of Kusadasi in May last year and didn't find it expensive. We ate out every lunchtime and evening and had drunk every night too and I spent about £250 in a week. We did get the Dolmus in to Kusadasi a few evenings and found the traditional Turkish restaurants really cheap. Where did they eat?

Oh and we went to Ephesus for the day too....got the Dolmus there and back so it was only really the entrance that cost us....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.