Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Time difference GMT + 2 hours (Wintertime ) GMT + 1 hour ( Summertime )

DST starts on Friday, 30 April 2010, 00:00 local standard time
DST ends on Friday, 6 August 2010, 00:00 local daylight time

Angie.
If I'm not mistaken it was around the 6th August last year also. It sticks in my mind as we nearly missed our flight as we forgot about the time difference.

Pat
Reminder for August and September Egypt vistors;

There is a temporary clock change ONLY for Ramadan this year ( changing early hours of 11th Aug i.e. BACK an hour, then goes forward early hours of 10th Sept).

The permanent change to winter time (back an hour again!) then happens early hours of 1st October
Hi

Could anyone tell me the time difference between the UK and Egypt. I will be staying 8-15/9/10. A friend was there this month and said times changed due to ramadam. Im sure last year it was 2 hours ahead and wanted to check if this was correct.

Many Thanks

Tamara
Tamara,
The difference is normally 2 hours, but the clocks went back an hour on 11th August for Ramadan. This continues until 10th September when they go forward again. Therefore the first couple of days of your holiday will be 1 hour ahead of UK, the rest will be 2 hours.
HB
Thank you. Sorry i should have read the posts above :duh
what is the time difference in Sharm now please
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.