Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes, not looking good for Globespan
Make sure you have paid with a credit card
Need to be cautious here and NOT speculate. The chap who has written this article, it could be said, has in the past reported an anti Globespan opinion and also the issue is not about the operation of Globespan as it refers to a particular credit card company.....need to remember that Globespan actually made a profit.....

Nivsy
I have booked flights to palma, next October,so will be keeping a close eye on this. I did pay with a credit card. I thought they made a profit last year!

Globespan rejects talk of collapse

FLYGLOBESPAN, Scotland's largest airline, last night denied reports that it was on the "cusp of collapse" after alleged late payments by a credit card processing company.

Instead, founder and chairman Tom Dalrymple said he was on the verge of concluding a major funding deal with Halcyon Investments .... click here for full story.

With permission from The Scotsman, 14 December 2009.

(This report follows further weekend media speculation about the company's financial state and future ... David HT Mod)
The Travel Trade Gazette reports this afternoon that the CAA has given the Globespan Group a 48 hour extension to finalise an investment package with Halcyon Investments ... click here for more.

David :wave
Flyglobespan goes into administration

It has now been confirmed within the last few minutes that Flyglobespan has gone into administration, after failing to secure an investment package

Click here for more

Over the past few days the writing ws on the wall.

A sd loss to the aviation scene particularly in Scotland.

Good luck to all involved with the carrier and those passengers who may struggle to get their money back.

Nivsy
BBC News has just reported that when the remainder of today's inbound flights arrive back in the UK, the aircraft will be grounded.

A statement is expected from the administrators shortly.

first my custom flights booking and now my flyglobespan booking..... :cry

Here we go again....phoning credit card company in the morning. What annoys me the most is they took £900 last week off my CC for my booking.........
They pulled out of Durham Tees Valley this year - thank goodness as we used to book with them as they released the flights to Faro.
those who are flight only and booked direct with flyglobespan don't seem to be protected by their atol....thank goodness we are package and creditcard
The BBC News page (click here) has now been updated with info from the administrators and it does make dismal reading, with over 90,000 flight only customers having no financial protection, unless from their own travel insurance or credit card company.

A link to the administrator's website will be made available shortly.

So sad to see Globespan go. We travelled with them a few times and thought they were really good. Lovely clean planes with decent legroom and lovely staff. So sorry for those caught up in this, with no comeback. Definately credit card bookings for us from now on.
The administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers, have set up telephone helplines for Flyglobespan customers, which will be manned from 10am tomorrow (Thursday).

For UK callers, the number is 0871 271 9000
For overseas callers, the number is +44 141 332 3233

Further information for Flyglobespan customers is available from the administrators by clicking HERE.

The Flyglobespan website is currently replaced with a single page of FAQs, click HERE.

My friends are booked with OT Beach to fly with Globespan next July and shock horror, logged onto OT Beachs site and they are still selling Globespan flights - what is all that about :que
Hi Mummykins ... the news broke quite late in the day, outwith normal office hours, and so it may just be the case that OTB's reservations systems won't be fully updated until tomorrow morning. And although the airline has ceased operations, the administrators say that it will be tomorrow before Flyglobespan is formally placed in administration, again perhaps because of the late hour in which the news broke. Perhaps companies such as OTB need to wait for those formalities to be completed.

i'm in egypt now flew yesterday not aware
we here for 14 days
booked through agent contacted them as they have not us
any advise
called airline on tuesday night to confirm flight times and all was fine
Really sad to see this as Globespan offered us a lot of choice from Scotland, and I have had a lot of flights with them. Disappointed that I have now lost my flights booked to Turkey next year, but I feel especially sorry for those who are travelling imminently -at least I have some time to try to get something else arranged, and hopefully will get a credit card refund.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.