Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I can only comment from 4 years ago and Im sure things have chenged since.

We flew return from San Diego to Las Vegas return and only booked our flights a few days before we flew, while in the US. I remember some trouble booking them online then and in the end we had to buy them at the Airport, which involved an unwanted trip.

If you can, I would deffo try to book them now online, Im sure there will be no issue doing so and they will be cheaper

The service itself was excellent, punctual and you actually got some free nuts!
I've used Southwest many times and find that they are a very good low cost airline. Infact I'm flying again with them next week and personally prefer them to many of the old style American airlines.

If you book in advance and know that you won't need to amend your schedule then they normally offer very reasonable fares. My flight next week between Chicago and Orlando is $240 cheaper on Southwest that the fares that American and United were offering.

The crews I find are happy in their work (unlike many of the other airline crews on domestic US flights), flights normally on time and fares good. Only draw back is the free-seating (like Easyjet), however they board in groups and the earlier you check-in the earlier you can board and bag a good seat.

Try also Virgin America
Many thanks for the input, im going to try their website and find out some prices.
I believe that Southwest are the rôle model and business model for my favourite (not) airline Ryanair.

Are there any extra charges or traps that I should be looking out for when making my booking on the internet? I understand that two bags can be checked into the hold free of charge .................... and that soft drinks are FREE.

Advice please - I'm so attuned to Ryanair's nasty traps that I've become paranoid§

Many thanks in advance for all your help!
I used Southwest on all my internal flights between Washington, New Orleans and LA and cannot praise them enough, plenty of legroom for a low cost operator- more than Ryanair and Easyjet. Drinks are hand delivered to your seat and already mentioned, soft drinks complimentary- I travelled on their birthday and alcohol was free too!
I also had a minor delay to a very tight connection(45minute) which became a 3minute connection!!!- my bags arrived at my final destination no problem.

I also had no problem with their free seating, many fellow passengers don't want the added responsibilities of the emergency seats- my flights were just after the hudson river ditching.

I wish some UK airlines would take a leaf out of Southwests book, probably the best short haul airline i've travelled with.
I've only read good things about them. Apparently if you cancel your flight or the price goes down, you can get a credit for a future flight.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.