America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Two bags are 'free' that is correct.
Southwest Airlines does the seating thing differently. Depending on when you appear at check-in you are assigned an A,B,or C boarding pass. Those with A passes are Business class ticket holders, people with special needs, those who showed up earliest. It is open seating, you board the plane and pick a seat, just like catching a bus.....
Then B cards are boarded, then C.
You can check in online 36hrs prior to your flight, so be sure and do so, to get in the A zone.... :)
Drinks- well you get the little 4oz cup of pop,and a bag of pretzels if you're really lucky!
Southwest are MUCH better than Ryanair.

Details as per other poster. Last time I also paid for a type of speedy boarding. It meant I was in the first group to board.

I've always found the crews to be some of the best in terms of US airlines.

Oh - and often a full tin of coke rather than a 4oz cup!
Thanks! I think we'll pay for early boarding and online check in as it will be a bit of a stressful trip, and my BIL will be driving us to Philadelphia Airport when he flies off to California, and we venture up north to Manchester (New Hampshire).

It was primarily the two bags business that bothered me, because we will be using the piece system to the US and I feared that the domestic US would only allow one piece hold baggage per person.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.