Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Egypt air
10 Posts
I can't believe there isn't a section for Egypt air - plenty of people must use it?

While you wait for some feedback here, it may also be worth having a search in our Egypt forum. Members there sometimes prefer to conduct all their holiday related discussion within that forum, rather than pop in here with their airline questions. You may well find several topics there related in some way to Egyptair.

David :wave
I don't think you will be able to check in at MAN through to Luxor as Egypt air are not a partner with BA.
So you will have to pick up your luggage at LHR and check in again.
You could try and get an earlier flight to LHR or go down the night before.
Regards Mark.
hvasey,

hvasey wrote:
I can't believe there isn't a section for Egypt air - plenty of people must use it?

We don't get many questions relating to Egypt Air, just an odd one on the What Aircraft? thread. The majority of people travelling to Egypt do so on package tours and therefore use charter airlines rather than national carriers.

As Egypt Air isn't a One World partner (they are Star Allience), you won't be able to through-check baggage. If you had used bmi for connecting flight, who are Star Allience members, you'd have been ok.

Darren
Dazbo

When we used BMI last they still couldn't check through baggage on to Egyptair. (And you are correct it's a def no-no from BA flights)

Egyptair are a bit of a law unto themselves unfortunately sand certainly do not seem geared up to the transferring passenger!!
TAH-M,

It depends when you last travelled with EgyptAir, they've not been a Star Allience member long (joined July 2008).

Darren
Hi Darren

Wonder if you can help me at all?

6 of us are flying LCA/CAI - CAI/LXR in September. We will be required to wait around 2hrs or so at Cairo before our onward travel to Luxor and all flights are with Egyptair.

It's a few years since we took the flight into Cairo from Larnaca and last time was onwards to Aswan.

Any ideas if luggage will be booked through or do we still have to collect our bags at the International terminal then transfer ourselves to the Domestic terminal? I thought I'd seen somewhere that it wasn't necessary now to move between the 2 buildings....

Many thanks
Shell
cyprus100,

If you are flying with Egyptair on all sectors, then you'll be through checked so no need to worry about your bags in Cairo. I've never transferred through Cairo, you should get the transfer information when you check-in.

Darren
Thanks Darren

Sounds a lot easier than last time then!
Hi Darren

Some quick feedback for your info in case you get asked in the future ;)

We did get our bags checked right through from Larnaca to Luxor.

In Cairo, we just bought our Entry Visa at the bank teller counter and then passed through the Transfer desk. No need to collect any luggage or check in for the onward flight to Luxor.

Arriving at Luxor (Domestic Arrivals) we had a minibus waiting for us and as our first flight was an International flight, our bags had already been transferred into the International Arrivals hall at Luxor. If we hadn't had the bus waiting for us, we wouldn't have been aware of this as nobody told us at Larnaca on check in even though we asked if our bags would be checked right through.

I'm assuming the same would happen with passengers starting off from UK flying with Egyptair and onwards to a domestic terminal?

It probably doesn't happen that much but always handy to know!

Cheers
Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.