Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can someone compare virgin flights with travel city direct flight to orlando? The price difference is huge for flydrive. Flying from Gatwick
Saw a Travel City Direct 747 take off from Tenerife Sur airport yesterday evening - does anyone know if this is now an established service - nothing obvious on the departure boards showed this flight (unless I missed it).

thanks Chris
Travel City flights are operated by Air Atlanta. Air Atlanta operate flights in their own right and are soon merging with Excel. I would imagine the flight was Air Atlanta (EUK) or Excel (XLA) and the Travel City aircraft was standing in for another aircaft.
bagand96,

Thanks for the reply - if it was what you say it was certainly an impressive substitute !

To keep on the footballing theme, our BA flight back to Manchester could only boast Alan Smith (Man Utd player) with crutches !
hi has anyone ever used this service?is it actually upstairs in a jumbo and is it worth paying an extra £645 for 5 people? thanks :lol:
sunnygirl,

Have a look on TCD's website for information about their service.

Darren
thanks for that dazbo i'll give it alook :lol:
Hi

Did anyone else get caught up with the long delays to/from Sanford Airport at the end of October with TCD?

Michelle
No-not in October-but we experienced a 9 hour delay in May!!!!!!!!!

Nightmare.

Having said that-these things happen and as we were already booked for Sept with them-we still went anyway-and with two little babies in tow-everything was fine-breathes huge sigh of relief.

Flew out with them on Nov 19. Had 2 hour delay at Manchester.

It's a new plane now-smaller. The delay was caused by lights not dimming on take off. So we set off with no entertainment.

The cynic in me thinks they knocked out the electrics to the entertainment to get the lights to dim.

When my friend flew out on sat'day-i asked if they had any entertainment-surprise surprise-no!

Anyone flown with them since last sat'day nov 24?
XLA130/1 (MAN-SFB-MAN) has been opperated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (G-VKNG) recently rather than the usual Boeing 747-300 (TF-AME).

Darren
hi we flew back from sanford to gatwick on 15th nov it was a smaller plane no upper deck no entertainment on way back either we also had over a 4 hour delay the reason they were late was because of technical difficulties when we were eventually ready to head to the runway the electrics all went out we sat in the dark for over half an hour as the overhead lights did not work or any of the buttons in the seat i knew then there would be no entertainment before they even told us, so no one could buzz for any of the crew throughout the flight we only booked this flight as there were no virgin flights available we will not be flying with tcd again i'm not sure but aernt they supposed to pay compensation when the problem is technical difficulties. :(
TF-AME Travel City Direct....??

Wasnt quite sure where to post this....!

We had the "pleasure" of travelling on TCD's own branded aircraft a few years ago from Manchester to Sanford.

Just wondered what has happened to this aircraft since XL went into administration?
On our flight it was very run down on the interior, with projects for IFE!! haha old school! but more concerning was the landing we had in MAN. Extreamly hard, as though the pilot had no altimeter, half the oxygen masks falling down in the aircraft, along with a few pannels from the ceiling. When the cabin crew opened the doors for us to be bussed back to the terminal on the stand furthest away (practically on the runway), the depth of the door was infact tapped up with duct tape! ha!

The state the old bird was in, surley they've retired it!? If not, I'd love to know what airlines shes flying with!

Someone i know in flight ops in MAN said she was tech most of the time, blowing engines over Shannon etc.

Oh dear.

Claire! x
Claire,
Last I heard she was still flying for Air Atlanta and leased to Saudi Arabian Airlines.

Cheers,
Ralph
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.