Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Suntanman,
Haven't flown with nwa for a couple of years now, but the Minneapolis, Las Vegas route is by a Boeing 757, probably a 200 series. The seats in coach class according to seat guru are between 30 and 32 inches pitch, and you can purchase a snack pack, which were either $5 or $10. You would be better off buying a sandwich and a packet of crisps at MSP and taking it with you, and buying a drink on board. Oh, and take something to read with you, no in flight magazines, papers, or IFE. :D
NWA aren't cheaper than the rest for no reason! IFE was awful and all the aircrew were bordering on retirement.........but pleasant enough.
I would rather pay a bit extra now and fly with an airline with a better reputation.

TC
Hi there,

Can anyone advise please?

I had a direct flight booking LHR-SEA 04 Apr returning 17 Apr on NW. I have received notification from KLM Reservations (with a Dutch tel. contact number) that the direct flight is canx and will now go via MN with an aircraft change and a 4 hr wait. Coming back is a 90 min wait. This is due to schedule changes. Has anyone else been affected and is there anyway we can ask for a change of destination, upgrade or basically redress? This is my first experience of NW and any advice re. their service and aircrafts (Airbus A330-300/757-300) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Nick.
copperbottom01,

Welcome onboard :tup
Sorry to hear about your flight changes, it's a pain when they happen. You'll have to contact the airline / agent who you booked the flights with to enquire about destination changes / options. You should have the right to cancel the flight with a full refund given it's a significant change and look at alternative flights, but it might be better to sick with your original flight depending on costs and alternative itineries. Unless you are a member of the airlines frequent flier programme with accumulated points / airmiles, there's no chance of an upgrade. For aircaft information, refer to NWA's website. You'll find detailed seating plans on Seat Guru. For passenger opinion, refer to Airline Quality and Car Survey (flights).

Darren
The merger between NorthWest and Delta airlines is likely to mean a few schedule changes in the future and the slots the airlines hold at LHR could also result in changes to destinations served - particularly to the "hubs" in the USA.

Nivsy
Hi!

I'm departing from Copenhagen to Vancouver, via Amsterdam with Northwest Airlines on friday, october 23 2009. What specific plane am I flying with? The number of the flight from CPH to Amsterdam is NW8428, and the number of the flight from Amsterdam to Vancouver is NW8681

Thanks in advance
DarkLordSmurf,

Flight NW8428 Is Operated By A Boeing 737-800

Flight NW8681 Is Operated By An MD-11

Flights Are Operated By KLM

Gower
DarkLordSmurf,

When I mentioned this thread on the What Aircraft? thread, I wasn't meaning ask the same question on here!!! If you'd have provided your departure airport / flight information as you have here, I'd have been able to let you have the details. That's all I meant!!

Darren
Northwest aircraft will be (slowly) repainted into Delta Airline colour schemes - and shall at least initially retain "northwest" call signs.

So sooner or later those of you booked on Northwest will be boarding Delta colours.....

shame in a way - quite like the Northwest colours.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.