Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
we flew with tc last year and although they list the day as a monday flight,you take of on the sunday so as to still get 14 days holiday the monday is the first day of holiday it caught me out as well
Thanks for the reply but we do (or did) fly on a Monday afternoon arriving in Goa early Tuesday. Our flight home is on the Tuesday. Checked TC website and there doesn't appear to be any Monday flights anymore.

:duh :duh
as usual travel company's giveing no thought to the paying customer
Turbulent times we live in.Who knows what other flight changes there will be before next season.I know it really annoys us all and I for one am no big fan of the major tour operators but it would appear that this downturn is having more impact than any of us may know.

I am sure not one of us has been unaffected in some way either in our own situation or in that of friends or family.

If you are running a major holiday company and can see the numbers day by day you have to look at future load factors and make decisions accordingly.

It looks like the oil rich Middle Eastern airlines are identifying a gap in the market(Qatar)but they have massive soveriegn wealth funds to burn.For our own operators it is scary times indeed.

We can not consider booking at the current prices but it is possible that the tour operators will hold out too long and end up with half empty aircraft and a decision to cut more flights for season 2011.

At the moment I am glad I do not run either a tour operator or an airline(or for that matter judging my my local Italian last night)a restaurant

Regards

Papa
Hi

Thomas Cook/Monarch have also recently changed the flight I had booked from Manchester. I was due to fly on the Saturday and it was changed to the Friday, which I could not do.

Happy to say they gave me a full refund, as I couldn't do any of the other flight options they offered me.

Hope this helps!

Ali
Thanks Menace. We've not been in touch with Thomas Cook as yet so don't know officially that our flights been changed. However a thread on Trip Advisor (am I allowed to mention them here!) states that our flight from Manchester is is still on the Monday but now now taking off at 07.10, arriving in Goa at 22.10ish. We return on the Tuesday. If this is true then I'm not to bothered. It means I can get a decent nights sleep at the start of the hols.

:tup :tup :tup
i have heard that Thomas Cook have cut their flights for next year.
friends of ours had booked tcx flightd to goa leaving 18/01/09, now being transferred to
sunday 17/01 leaving at 13.00 hrs
hi

we booked our holiday with thomas cook last week.......we are leaving on monday 23rd november at 14.50 i thnk and arrive in goa in the early hours of tuesday morning

there was no mention of flights not being available on a monday only last week...

i have to go pay the balance next week so i will find out if i can xxx
Thomas Cook have cancelled / changed some of their flights to Goa and bookings have been moved to Monarch or Sunday flights. Thomas Cook have a flight operating on a Sunday departing at 1300, arriving in Goa at 0400 Monday. The flight returns on a Monday departing at 0600, arriving in Manchester at 1215.

Darren
Hello Darren

Were booked on TC41K on 11.01.10 leaving Manchester at 14.55. Not heard anything other than on this site. Do you know if the flight has been changed and whether or not we are now on a Monarch cattle truck. If it is now Monarch what type of plane do they use and is it a direct flight. Heard so many bad comments on Monarch to Goa and would not have booked with TC originally if we'd known!!!!

:que :que
MCB,

You need to speak to Thomas Cook or your travel agent about it. I can only give you the information I have on my screen in relation to flight schedules. I know a few that have had their flights changed to Sunday from Monday or been transferred on to Monarch flights. Monarch use the same aircraft type as Thomas Cook normally, you'll find further details on our What aircraft? guide and operate non-stop depending on the specific flight. I suspect your flight may change to the Sunday departure as detailed above, but you'll need to speak to Thomas Cook or your travel agent about it.

Darren
We have booked and due to go with T Cook on Monday 28th December. I have enquired with travelrepublic (our agents) about any changes as I have noticed there are no available flights or holidays for ANY Monday throughout the season.
I have had a reply back saying that T.Cook have brought forward the flight from 14.55 to 07.15 meaning you land at 22.10 the same day rather than 07.50 the next day. They say the flight still leaves the original time of 07.50 the next morning.
I find it strange that the plane will sit at dabolim airport for 9 hours. I also find it strange that after a week of me getting this confirmation there still is no available flights or holidays to book on a Monday only the Sunday.
I have tried to get confirmation of T.Cook but they say you need to contact your agent as I have not booked with them.
I am concerned as I have booked private accomadation and understand that they pulled out of Gatwick and moved you to a different day and onto Monarch.
Our apartment is booked up until are original booking day and now need to look for accomadation for one night which could prove diificult for new year.
If anyone else have any further details can they post it as Travelrepublic still state that they have confirmation off T.Cook stating they are still leaving on the Monday. :que :que
hi all

just to let you know i went into my travel agent today about monday flights and have been assured by thomas cook aviation centre that i am deffo travelling with thomas cook airlines on monday 23rd november...this is apparently the very last monday flight with them and the timing has been changed from 13.55 to 07.15.....travel agent spoke to thomas cook...thomas cook aviation centre and thomas cook airlines direct and this is supposed to be the right infomation

lets hope it stays like this....lol xxx

angie xxx
Angieh
Do you mean nov 23rd is the the last flight on a monday at the original time of 13.55 and then changing the time to 07.15, or is this the last flight of a Monday
hi

according to thomas cook the 23rd november is the very last flight on a monday at all and from then on they are sunday only.........

this is the infomation they gave me yesterday ...but...as we all know they dont usually know which part of their body they talking from....so it could be a diffrent story from a diffrent person each time u phone

but the travel agent i used spoke to 3diffrent departments within thomas cook while i was there and they all assured her that the info is correct

hope u sort it out soon hun xxx

angie xx
Thanks for the info Angie, will just have to wait until I hear any further info from my agents because as far as they are concerned T.Cook are telling them we fly out on the 28th Dec at 07.15.
But it looks like that wont be happening, it looks like we will be either moved to the Sunday flight or getting cancelled as T.Cook look like their chopping a lot of their flights as they continue to cut costs.

Schoey
Just phoned Thomas Cook today. They know nothing of any changes and as far as the person we spoke to there is no change to TC41K from Manchester on 11.01.10. So who is right?

:que :que :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.