Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
sue136,

It's a very long and boring system! But these are the code letters used by IATA airlines:

R: Supersonic & A380 suites
P: First Class Premium
F: First Class
A: First Class Discounted
J: Business Class Premium
C: Business Class
D/I/Z: Business Class Discounted
W: Economy/Coach Premium
S/Y: Economy/Coach
B/H/K/L/M/O/Q/T/V/X: Economy/Coach Discounted
G: Conditional Reservation
U: Shuttle (no reservation required, seats are guaranteed)
E: Shuttle (no reservation allowed)

Darren
We are going from Gatwick to Montego Bay in October. Does anyone know what it would cost to upgrade to premium at check in if there are any available seats?
curlyshirley,

You'd have to see if they were selling them at a discount, if any on the day (subject to availability) but expect it to be around £100-150 each way.

Darren
We are travelling to delhi from heathrow in 10 days on premium seats , can anyone tell me how much the seat reclines as its a night flight and is it worth upgarding to get the flat beds will cost about £550 each ?
shanti43,

Only you can answer the question of whether paying an extra £550 for Upper Class (Business) is worth it. Premium economy seats have 8 inches / 20cm of recline. You'll find further seat information on V-Flyer. You'll be on the Airbus A340-300.

Darren
£550 is a steal for Upper Class, i've only travelled a handful of times in Upper Class and its by far my favourite seat and layout compared to other airlines.
Thanks I have just upgraded to upper class for only £350 a steal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it pays to watch the price of upgrades daily , not that i have anything else to .................. a mother of 4 boys and midwife ! :) :tup
Now iam flying upper class :) i would like to know how early you can go into the club lounge at Heathrow , so that i can make use of all the facilities. Also how likely am I to get an appointment for my hair to be done as dont want to leave it then cant get in , being as from Dec you cant pre-book.???????????? thanks
shanti43,

You can normally use the facilites from 3-4 hours before your departure time. You'll have to check availabilty of facilities once you arrive in the club house.

Darren
From information elswhere, Virgin Clubhouse doesn't have a restriction. You can enjoy their facilities as long as you want.

Mark :)
Just wondering if the premium upgrade is worth the extra cost,am flying Heathrow to miami in Nov 2010
thanks
NEIL
kags52,

It's personal preference really. If you want the extra seat pitch and everything that goes along with it, you may find it worth it.

Darren
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could tell me which flight is usually operated before the VS200 LHR-HKG-SYD Just so I can get a heads up on any potential delay.

Many Thanks

Jimbob
Jimbob,

It should be coming in on the VS010 from New York JFK.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.