Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi and welcome to HT!

We have a small topic on A1 Travel HERE, but I have never seen Beachcollection mentioned on the forums.

luci :wave
beach collection co UK
after a little research they are listed as part of the global travel group, this offers a franchise to those who wish to work form home or start their own business [but as far as I'm aware DOSN'T guarantee the franchisees] this particular one appears to have only started this year.

A1 travel I have used several times and not had any problems [i am at the moment looking for a good deal to Cyprus or Greece and am looking at either A1 or Fleetway travel who i have also used,]

WARNING

most of the companies who advertise on teletext or similar quote a base line price it will not necessarily include flight surcharges, baggage charges, APD, or transfers Which could add anything from £30 to £100 each to the price,[fleetway and A1 don't include transfers either] but A1 DO include 1 hold bag and all flight charges in the price. things like seating together/meals etc are still extras

hope this helps

yasus
wizard
A glowing recommendation posted today for this company has been removed from the topic, as all the evidence indicated a direct connection between the satisfied holidaymaker and the company.

Please bear this in mind when reading any recommendations elsewhere on the web which you may think are independent or unbiased, as sometimes all is not what it seems.

David :wave
hi, i registered to ask the same question about beach collection , it all looks too good to be true on their website and it makes me laugh that no matter what destination you type in there are only 6 seats remaining apparently for the flight .. :think ....hmmmm... i found a week in crete at a 5* boutique hotel next august , half board for a family of four for £1500 ! seems a bit fishy to me , i think i'll look for a more reputable company to be honest .
Hi, used Beach collection last year when we went to Egypt, had no problems with them at all.

Angie
Hi all, hope this advise helps.
I booked my honeymoon with holiday collection group/beach collection, so far Im not impressed.
They took double the deposit i gave them authorisation to take, i agreed £500 they took £1000. Leaving our account overdrawn and bank very angry. :whoops (bank charges)
I called to tell them about the mistake, they put me on hold for 32 minutes on a 0871 number which will probably cost me a small fortune, promised to call me back, never did.
Im currently trying to get them to respond to my complaint via email, unsuccesful to date. However the rest of my holiday is due to be paid by the end-may-2010, lets see if they contact me then, I'm guessing they will, hope they're not expecting a pleasant call/full payment.

mandym36
Mandy,
I understand where you are coming from, BUT you need to write to them (recorded mail) not e-mail them. When you e-mail them, you have absolutely no proof that your e-mail has arrived or that the e-mail has been read.

Secondly, do not rely on them to get in touch re your balance payment, in their T&C's they are bound to have a clause that they will not request or remind you of the holiday balance and that it is up to yourselves to make the balance payment at the correct time or else they can/will cancel the holiday and your deposits will be lost.

Denny
Thx for your reply Denny,
I have wrote to them recorded delivery yesterday in the hope of getting a response as to why they took double the amount I authorised them to take from our account.
I really don't expect a reply because that kind of behaviour is really bad and no amount of excuses will right the wrong.
Watch this space............ :tup
I will be very interested to hear what happens.
I have booked to go Dom Rep in November with Caribbean collection (also the Global group) and they were fine at booking. I was told that Caribbean Warehouse has something to do with this company also, and they seem to get a good name.

Heres hoping they are not dodgy, I have an Atol receipt so was reassured by that, I also paid my deposit by my credit card so if the worst comes to worst hopefully I would also be covered by that.

Let us know what happens when or if they get in touch

Steph
Hi, i am writing regaring the holiday collection group or as other named global plc, going back in nov of last year my partner booked a holiday 4 himself me and my 8yr old to mexico in july of this year, the holiday totalled £4,000 he paid £400 deposit, sadly in feb of this year my partner suddenly and unexpectedly passed away, we informed the above group within weeks of his passing. I realised i would lose doeposit but was horrified when i recieved a letter tellimg me i had to pay a further £2071 to cancel. I have tried ringing this group who will not speak to me as i am not the lead passanger and i refuse to pay a solicitor £200 an hr to deal with it, so please be AWARE when dealing with HOLIDAY COLLECTION GROUP or GLOBAL TRAVEL, these people are only intrested in your money ...... Maria....
Maria,

Your story is awful and something you would not want to have to deal with when suffering with your sad loss. I am amazed they have tried to get this money off you, there is no way they can pursue you for this money and I am sure you could go through Abta/Atol or some sort of ombudsman if they do. They would not have a leg to stand on and they cannot make you pay for something you now cannot take, especially under these circumstances.

It is not very reassuring news for someone who has booked with this group, I hope they leave you in peace now, in order for you to deal with your loss.
Quite a disturbing issue you have there.

I can't believe that no one is prepared to talk to you given the circumstances, have you offered them a copy of the death certificate at all as i think that is the only way they may deal with you.

Having done some digging about, beachcollection is just one of a few websites that are part of global and i'm am not sure if this is correct but may even be a spinn off from holiday gems who are also part of global travel group.

The address of beachcollection is not that far from holiday gems and opening hours are identical and the feel to the websites are not that dissimilar either.

Problem is you can't even ask abta for any advice as they are not part of that organisation but i would demand for to speak to someone more superior and ask what you are meant to do as there is a procedure for such events.

Thanks
Maria69b, I'm sorry to hear of your loss but assuming that you took out holiday insurance when the holiday was booked, what has been the response from the insurer? These circumstances would normally be covered by them and you wouldn't even lose the deposit.

SM
So sorry to hear of the bad time you've been having. I think leisurelad is right. They will need proof before talking to you about it. I also agree with SMa, you need to be in contact with your insurance company.

I used to work for an agent that was part of The Global Travel Group but that was a few years ago. All their franchises are run independently and make their own decisions so it doesn't follow that the group in itself is bad. I am not defending Beach collection in any way just pointing out that this doesn't make their hundreds of other members bad as well.
Takes 30 seconds for the sales team to answer the phone. After sales anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour @ 0871 rates.

We were due to fly out to Greece on the 5th of June. Come the 1st of June no travel documents. Tried to ring the after sales team, no answer. Emailed them several times no reply. Sent a recorded letter. No answer. Rang their sales team for help. They just palm you off.

Avoid this company at all costs. Once they have your money your on your own.

Tickets arrived 2 days before we are due to fly. Apparently they had missed us of their list.

A complete joke!
Hi,

Really sorry to hear previous nightmare stories about Holiday Collection Group/Beach Collection/Global Travel etc...

If you want to avoid any stress and frustration, then AVOID Holiday Collection Group!!

My parents are currently having a really hard time with this company, after booking their holiday over 12 months ago with them and receiving 2 confirmations of flight times etc in post, holiday collection group wrote to them 2 weeks before due to go on holiday to say that flight times have changed. This was a change of more than 15 hours and would have meant a night time flight, which my parents are not happy with and would not have booked this in the first place. After contacting HCL they were told that they have no claim as original confirmation sent out was a typing error and flight was always at 18;30 not 8.30am as it said in postal info and in conversation at time of booking. After further investigation it seems that the flight number on the original confirmation does not even exist!!! HCL are not cooperative at all, original booking agent is now on 'maternity leave', managers are never available when my parents are told specific times to call back to speak to them. an advisor gave them a fax number to send postal info they were sent but the fax number does not even exist.... and in all this much time and money is spent in trying to get in contact with them. my parents are supposed to be going on holiday in a weeks time but are left with nothing but stress, frustration and anger toward a company who is telling them blatant lies. If you want a relaxing stressfree holiday, i wouldn't recommend booking with Holiday Collection Group!!!!
paid 1800 in january for thailand with beach collection/global collection group- fco warned 10 days before we went that was dangerous - called them said they would call back in order of departure - called up until the wed before we were due to fly the following monday - said they would let us know - finaly rang us on the thursday night - 4 days before departure - to say they had cancelled the holiday due to fco warning - asked for a refund to my card - they said i have to cancel in writing even though they had cancelled!!! wrote to them on email - no reply - rang them - they said "ask your insurance company to pay" they wouldnt so we had to get the insurance comapny to email them - that was may 4th- last time anyone gave us any answer which was we should have your money back in 12 weeks- i have also had the kick in the teeth that is £100 worth of phone call bills due to their premium rate number - spoke to trading standards 30 days is the law - no reply from these people - and still no money - do not book with this company they are spineless rip off merchants
Im having a nightmare just trying to get a reciept for full payment from them
that have ignored e mail letters and as for the phone well forget it admin closes at 5 and they all go home leaving you hanging on a phone at 10 p a min
listening to an apology about the Qs
im trying to find out under what section of the trading act i can use againt them for non issue of a reciept after monies have beeen paid
i think it may be a pert of their atol agreement that they have to issue 1 but im not shure anf consumer help would be well recieved
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.