General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Michaelb,
I think a little more info is required. Where do you want to fly from, SC, B&B or half board, 1 or 2 weeks?

Maybe we could help if you supplied some of these details.
I wish you luck but a quick look at Aegeanflights costs the standalone flights (from Gatwick) at over £2000.
I am sure if it can be done a HT member will find it....
Michaelb wrote:
Our last holiday ..... cost us £1766 ..... we had an extra adult with us
How many years ago was that? :shock: Bear in mind 20th May is just before the Whit half-term, so prices will be high for the school holidays. If you could go a week or so earlier, or maybe the middle of June, you might get a few more bargains. It doesn't really make much difference whether you book with a big tour operator or if you go DIY, the airlines tend to increase their flight prices over school holidays (supply and demand obviously) and I usually find DIY holidays are no cheaper at these times, in fact they can often cost more.
I'm sure HT members will be keen to help if you let us know which airport you want to fly from and if you'd prefer self-catering, half-board etc.

Edited: Whooa, actually, just been looking on http://www.beatthebrochure.com/ and if you fancy Majorca for 14 nights from 20th May, and can fly from Luton, the cost for your party starts from around £1500 for self-catering accomodation (two apartments, with 2 adults & 1 or 2 kids in each) and nice daytime flights too!
If you're stuck on Turkey, the flights are coming up much more expensive.
the holiday was last year 2nd june i would like to go in may but would consider same date (2nd june) as for travelling from manchester, doncaster/sheffield, leeds/bradford any board 2 weeks im willing to travel anywhere but turkey, already been and would like to try somewhere different.
Michaelb wrote:
travelling from manchester, doncaster/sheffield, leeds/bradford any board 2 weeks im willing to travel anywhere but turkey
OK then, looked on http://www.beatthebrochure.com/ again and you can do 20th May for 2 weeks to Majorca for around £1600-1700 total, with two self-catering apartments (Sa Coma, Alcudia etc), 2 adults and 1 or 2 kids in each apartment and nice daytime flights from Manchester. Or 2nd June, same accommodation and similar flights from £1500-£1600.
Have a play around on http://www.beatthebrochure.com/ and see what you come up with :wink:
I have just been checking my next year's holidays in May on theThomas Cook website (I know I shouldn't!!) and I notice that they are very competively priced again at the moment- it's worth a look to see if you could book with TC again.
thanks for the help also looking to get free kids (i'm so tight) like we did last year with TC, everytime i've tried looking on TC it keeps saying no results for my dates.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.