General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I also saw this advert last night. I would suggest looking at the vodaphone site and reading the T&C's on there.

luci :wave
Hi luci

Just looked at their website. Looks like its a promotional item for the summer.

Vodaphone Passport its called. What they have done is stopped the roaming charge (75p).

Also if you have inclusive txs and call they are included.

Looks like you can phone and txt for free if its including in your contract.

Pity im on orange :(
Hi,

If you are with Vodafone & haven't got Passport on your phone, ring 5555 from your handset to add it, it costs nothing.

This is great for me as I have a contract phone!! ;) I expect other companies will follow suit in time.

Deb.
sorry if this seems thick, me and my partner is both on pay as you go on voda, what will the charges be if we phone each other up whilst on holiday as we both like sometimes our own space and wonder off to do our own thing. but still like to be in contact
little legs,

here is link for all info.

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=templateBlank&pageID=OS_0100

It certainly looks like you and your partner can stay in touch with each other whilst on your hols.
It's about time these ridiculous charges were axed - hopefully this summer promotion will become a long-term thing and I should imagine once one company offers it, the others will have to follow suit to keep customers!
I'm on Tesco Mobile which has a great offer for UK usage - up to triple credit every time you top up, in the form of free credit which must be used within a month. However, this free credit can't be used abroad, so on our recent trip to Fuerte I ran out of credit because I was texting home a lot, even though I had about £20 worth of free credit which I couldn't use until I arrived back at Manchester Airport!
angie34. thanks for the link. i am pay as you go and have just joined passport.

thanks alan.
Roaming charges are an utter disgrace, and although the EU have been squeezing companies to reduce the cost of calling across Europe, there is still no excuse for what they get away with at the mo

Most of the big players have a footing in the entire european market, and the likes of Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, etc, appear in most big EU nations under some guise or another. Think how silly it is geographically .... why should it cost more for someone on Orange France to call someone on Orange UK from Calais to Dover, than it would for someone in Dover to call someone in John O'Groats!! :que Total madness

Not on Vodafone, would be tempted if they had made their offer wider, instead of 1st June!! No good for me
offer runs out by the looks of it while we are away. as we go september
Vodafone Passport has been around for a few years now (at least 3) so it's nothing new. They've just tweaked the charges for the summer as a promotion with the look of it.

Darren
I've just signed up (via text - replied straight away). Am on PAYG but also have the family and friends contract ie £5 per month free calls for up to 60mins 24/7. My husband and son are in my group (I pay the £5 which includes all 3 of us ie son can ring his dad free also) does anyone know if this will still apply abroad as the website does state:- "With Vodafone Passport, you can take your home price plan on holiday with you to 35 European countries - plus Australia and New Zealand"

For those not with Voda they are giving free sims away if your phone will accept other sim cards might be worth it for hols.
Been into the local Orange shop this morning to ask about their charges and what the likely hood would be that they might follow suit and was told by the sales rep "dont hold your breath".

Think I might have to consider the free Vodaphone Sim cards just for the hols. Bound to save a fortune with a 13 year old in tow who wants to keep in touch with her friends while away. Scared she misses the gossip I think. :)
Unfortunately Tunisia is never included in any of these offers, but as I go there a couple of times a year I've had a Tunisiana SIM card for the past three years and it's saved me a fortune. It's so much cheaper to phone or text the UK with that
we are with o2 and going to calabona are there any special deals for o2 users abroad i remember a certain number we were told about a few years ago which helped reduce the costs of calls txts etc i have no idea what it was though as memory not so great now. xphx
:que
I'm on Tesco Mobile and just got a text from them today: From 1 July texts from the EU back to UK will be charged at 11p.
we are with o2 and going to calabona are there any special deals for o2 users abroad i remember a certain number we were told about a few years ago which helped reduce the costs of calls txts etc i have no idea what it was though as memory not so great now. xphx

I don't know about deals but I've found o2 to be not too bad anyway! I'm on a pay monthly and a call from say Spain to the uk costs me 35p a minute (18p to recieve). Also whats good is that if you have a text allowance you can text back home for the price of 4 of your free texts! Luckilly I have 1000 texts a month!
I think the call price is the same for payg!
thank you chivas69 i am on pay as you go top up either £10 0r £15 a month to get 500 + txts so that's not too bad either so will top up before hols. xphx :cheers
It was on the news this morning that vodaphone are trying to take over T-mobile apparently voda have 25% of the market and t-mobile have 15% so they could end up with 40% of the market lets hope they cut the prices in half....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.