Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

You should download and read the Safe and Sound booklet via the link in my signature which states your rights. I belive in some circumstances you can claim for any losses and compensation in addition to a full refund, but read the booklet to confirm this.

luci :wave
This is very common in Turkey. Hoteliers over book to avoid being under occupied but with Turkey being very popular this year hotels are being overbooked all over the place. It happened to me. I doubt this is scottravels fault but more the hotel.

I agree with the Yesmil Hurma hotel. Im just back from marmaris and the beach front is sooooooooooooo loud and that hotel has the malibu beach bar below it. Apparently the music stops at 1am (yeah right!). So best avoid that hotel if you arent clubbing every night.

I stayed at the George and Dragon Apartments (not the beach hotel which is close to the Yesmil Hurma lol). The apartments were huge, clean and in afab location just off the main road and in a quiet area. There are 4 floors but there is a lift and no steps at the front other than 2 or 3. Hotels4u.com supply them. You should try there
Thanks I have now found out that scottravel and the selen hotel are owned by the same people so they should know how many rooms they have available. I have now managed to book into the Marmaris beach Hotel, dont know much about it but the reviews are good so fingers crossed.
I have now found out that scottravel and the selen hotel are owned by the same people so they should know how many rooms they have available.

Not defending them but I suspect the problem can be blamed on poor administration. When you have several arms taking bookings it is important that someone is coordinating these on a daily and not a monthly basis, add in the time for someone to review them and make a decision what to do about it then it is no surprise people are then being let down at the last minute as in this case.

fwh
Apparently scottravel have also had to pull out of around 6 hotels in marmaris due to problems with the turkish handling side of things so I suspect they moved some of the people to the selen who booked the full package and because we booked accomodation only we have been pushed out.
In fairness, we travelled to Icmeler with Scottravel in October - good deal, good price, and didn't have any problems whatsoever. They were friendly and helpful and I certainly wouldn't have any problems about booking with them in the future.
Hotels being overbooked happens alot in Turkey. Having just returned, most people I spoke too had their accomodation changed due to an overbooking. Its a pain but sometimes can't be avoided when the hotels are the ones making the mistakes not the tour ops. In saying that tour ops are probably to blame aswell sometimes
Scot Travel has ceased trading with immediate effect.

For more information from the CAA, please click here.

For our Scot Travel Q&As topic, please click here.

David
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.