Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unless you have the booking details so you can chase things at this end then not much. We always leave details with a relative just in case.

fwh
Not exactly a helpful reply, as I stated in my message, what are 'HIS' options.

No tommy the guessers please, just people who can offer a modicom of insight.
The paper work he got from Lowcostholidays should have an emergency phone number on it, he should ring that.
jjayp wrote:
Not exactly a helpful reply, as I stated in my message, what are 'HIS' options.

No tommy the guessers please, just people who can offer a modicom of insight.

Just a suggestion...you have come on here asking for help with your friends problem. FWH replied. The tone of your reply will not get the help you are seeking.
I fail to see why my reply is of no help. If they can text you from Egypt asking for help then they can just as easily contact lowcostholidays direct.

Ask for assistance on HT by all means but don't shoot the messenger if you are not happy with the reply. My comment was valid; if you do not have his details then there is little you can do at this end. Text messages are an imprecise means of communicating detailed advice.

fwh
I am another tommyguesser in the absence if any 'real' info.

As has already been said. They should look on their holiday paperwork. There should be a number for Locost in Uk or their local agent in Egypt. Maybe there is a reps board in reception also. I agree, if he can text you, he can call UK.
Is this their first holiday abroad?
Many thanks, and to FWH I didnt mean to sound curt, my apologies.
He has spoken with lowcost and they have taken the stance, 'its between you and the hotel'.
I had warned him prior to booking that if a deal really does look to good to be true beware it most probably is too good tobe true. Nevertheless, if you pay for a 5* hotel on a reef, you dont expect to be shipped out to a 4* inland.

Once again apologies for my earlier response to FWH who was kind enough to take the time to reply.
If he is unable to resolve the matter in resort, then I suggest he tries to obtain something in writing from the hotel giving an explanation why they are refusing to honour the booking. When he returns to the UK then should he post the details here on HT, no doubt someone may be able to assist him.
It would appear that that lowcost are in breach of contract by not supplying what they have charged him for, but without full information there is nothing else I can suggest. From what you say it is unlikely that anything can be done at this stage. He should of course keep all receipts.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.