Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I have been going to Benalmadena and Torremolinos for the past 20+ years, and Benidorm almost as long. I normally return to Benalmadena in Feb for a break to coincide with the wifes birthday. But this year we are going to Benidorm. You say you have been to Benalmadena 5 times so you should know what to do and where to go, so it seems a good idea to give it a miss and go to Benidorm if you have not been before. There is a lot more going on in Benidorm compared with Benalmadena, although tourist numbers have declined in both resorts.
Benidorm old town area is the best for shopping the Lavante end is more tourist shops and bars/clubs.
i've been to both and benalmadena dosent even come close to beni in terms of nightlife for young people,beni has literally hundreds of bars and clubs,including KM and KU which both have top spanish and international house DJ's most nights,or if you like more of a party there's stacks of clubs that play more chart/pop/cheese or indie etc,there's places that hold about 20 people right through to big clubs that hold 5000,and all points in between,cheap aswell. Went to Benalmadena with my GF and it was ok for us but if i'd gone with the lads i'd have been gutted,6 or 7 places on 24 hour square and that's about it.

Love benidorm myself,makes a good change from living on a greek island
I've been to both resorts, Benidorm several times and Benalmadena just the once. I'm 47 so I'm from a different generation than you but I would say that Benidorm would appeal more to your age group., especially if you are going in peak season. It's also so much cheaper than the Costa Del Sol.

Sue :)
been to both,
Benidorm wins by a mile.
:sun2
BENIDORM without a doubt :tup
We go every new year to Benidorm but decided on Torremelinos this time & we sooooo regretted it. We go totally for the nightlife but the bars & clubs in Benalmadena dont even come close. We like the shopping in old town but new town for everything else. So back to Benidorm for us this year :wave:
I am fuengirola convert ( been goin to the costa del sol for 8 years) but this year Im goin to benidorm...reasons...1 Tour operators have took our hotel out of the brochure and the ones that are left are asking for 800 plus each half board..so much in choice for us on a budget..came across the don pancho for early august this year and the price was really reasonable..so will probably be booking that...not that I prefer benidrom to costa del sol..I love marbella , fuengirola etc but Im not paying what there asking for...benidorm will be a change I havent been for over 10 years plus point for me and partner we have no kids so can visit nearby towns and alicante city..we are 40 so not into the club scene but will love the bars and entertainment...you will have a ball if your young...benalmadena is on a small scale compared to benidorm and benidorm is dirt cheap for booze..
Thanks everyone for all your comments! We booked benidorm this morning. Going in August....can't wait!!
Good decision. Where are you staying Hannah ?

David :wave
I'm staying in a flat situated in the Rincon De Loix area. Does anyone know of any good spots to visit while I'm there?? So far I'd like to go to Terra Mitica, Levante beach, Balcon del Mediterraneo and maybe go on a boat ride. Is there anything else worth seeing?

Hannah.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.