Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
hotel palm beach
61 Posts
I don't know for certain however as you say, being 4 star it almost certainly will be long trousers and no vest tops for men.

Someone will know for sure.
thanks dgutte , dosn`t seem to be many thats stayed in the palm beach :(
My friend stayed at the Palm beach for 2 weeks last October.She thought it was a lovely hotel,worthy of its 4 stars but she didnt like the hill!.She gets dressed for dinner and her hubby still wears a shirt and tie on an evening so I imagine it will be smart dress in the dining room.I often change after dinner into more casual clothes if we are going out of the hotel.
thanks jay , ive heard about the hill , i like walking anyway , just sometimes like to go out with dress shorts and a shirt at night , but hate getting dressed for dinner , then waiting for a lift to the room to get changed again to go out , if you can understand all that. :shock:
I stayed there a couple of years ago. I think that you will be ok with shorts and a shirt. They were not that strict about the dress code.
It claims to be a 4 star hotel but I would class it more as a 3. In fact I have stayed in much better 3 star hotels than the Palm Beach.
By the way the hill is an absolute killer and put us off ever staying there again.
The one good point about the hotel is the indoor pool.
can anyone tell me exactly where the hotel is , what pubs is it near?
The hotel is on a steep hill on Calle Viena. If you have a look at our Benidorm Levante Map, it is highlighted by the number '33' on grid reference 'N11'.

For our reviews of the hotel, please click here.

You may find some more useful info on the hotel's own website .. please click here.

David :wave
thanks for your help david.
There's a small minibus that runs to the Hotel from the Avda Mediterraneo

No. 31 goes from the Rincon up to the Hotel Palm Beach

The route is pretty regular but the last bus from Burger King back up to the Hotel is 21.55 but it means you can use it allday, first dep from the Hotel Palm Beach is 9am

The details @ http://www.llorentebus.es/
thanks JKKne , is that bus free , and is their one that goes to the old town from the hotel?
No, it'll be a standard fare, 1euro

To get to the old town you'd have to get off at the bottom in the Rincon and get any bus going to 'Centro'...again for a Euro

The bus doesn't go right along the Avda, the best place to get off and on again...is the very end of the Avda Mediterraneo...Opposite the Nereo. It seemed a popular service even during March
someone said the hotel puts on a free bus to burger king , and to the old town every half hour JKKne , i will need to investigate.
According to the hotel's own website, there is a free local bus to the beach and town centre.

David, I'm assuming the free local bus is indeed the Avanza Llorente service number 31?

tartan, if this is the case I just assumed with it being a local service that you had to pay the standard fare. I stand corrected!
Hi JKKne ... I believe it is the Llorente Bus service which operates with the usual flat fare of €1, but residents can collect tickets or tokens for free travel from the hotel reception.

hey, i stayed in this hotel at xmas and new year, and i must say i loved it, the staff were great, even went nights out to the square with them, everyone made me and my friend feel very welcome.

the hotel seemed more for spanish people though and there was alot of them, the food was good but not great as i couldnt tell what half of it was and im not into trying new things lol.

i was out every night untill early hours in the morning and would usually come in after the clubs where closed at around half 7 and the reception staff would come and sit with my friend and i, sometimes they even opened breakfast early for us so that we wouldnt have to go upstairs and wait half an hour lol.

the hill (cardiac hill as they call it) aint so bad, and 1ce uv walked it 1ce its not a bother. but if u was getting a taxi to the hotel from the square area it would cost around 6 euros due to the 1 way systems to get to it.

anyways, i live in benidorm myself so if u have any questions feel free to ask :)
laura x
Hi Laura ... perhaps you might like to submit a review for the benefit of anyone considering this hotel in future ... please click here.

PS ... could you try and avoid use of phone text style abbreviations (1ce, u, uv, etc) when posting in the forums please, as it causes problems for some of our visually impaired members who rely on screen readers. Many thanks.
hi guys just booked to go to the palm beach hotel , i have read all the reviews off numeras sites and it seems like a great hotel . Iwas just wondering if anyone can give me any more info on the place. Thanks in advance
Jamie :D
  • Edited by David 2008-01-29 10:08:47
    Merged with previous topic, which may also provide some useful info.
Hi jamiex

I've stayed at the Palm Beach Hotel twice now and thought it was great. What kind of info are you looking for?

Gill :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.