Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Jamiex

Well, to cut a long story short....... the rooms were lovely, very clean and cleaned every day - new towels etc as well. I thought the food was great but my boyfriend wasn't just as keen, however, he is a very fussy eater but did not go without food each day!

The drinks at meal times were a bit pricey but it's the same in every HB/FB hotel you stay in. Drinks at the bar were buy one get one free between 8 - 9pm if I remember correctly and were okay priced.

The hill - I've got to admit, after staying there in 2005 and returning last September - it was a bit of an eye opener as to how steep it was but you do get used to it. We normally used the bus service during the day to get back up to the hotel but walked up at night time after being out on the town.

One of the nights we were there in September 07 - it was the terrible, terrible rain and we had to walk back up to the hotel. It was very, very frightening as the water was literally running like a river down the steep streets as we were trying to walk up them and when we got to the hotel, you could not see the back stairs (you will see these when you go there) for the water (river) running down them so we had to walk the long way round.

Other than the first few walks up the hill, I would definitely go back to the Palm Beach as it's a lovely hotel that I really enjoyed.

Hope this helps.

Gillian :)
Thanks gill for you info hopefully with me being 28 and my partner 34 i dont think we should have any problems with the hill lol fingers crossed. :)
a bottle of san miguel was 2 euro in the hotel bar if that helps you :glynis
hey gill , i must have been in the palm beach the same time as you last year , it was bucketing doon wae rain from the friday evening till the sunday.

i ended up in the yorkshire pride 2 pub for what seemed like 2 days :really
Thanks for your replys people any more info on the hotel woul be great :cheers
Hey jamiex

I'm 25 and my partner is 39 - both of us managed to walk up the hill without too much trouble so I'm sure you'll both be fine lol! I've got to admit though, it's always a hotel that I seem to eat too much food in and put weight on for going home!! I guess that's a sign of good food though!

Gill :)
Please could any regular Benidorm atendees let me know how good this hotel is??? Where is it? is it close to the pubs and bars?

Thanks

Dan
My friend stayed here last October and she said it was a lovely hotel with good food.BUT it is up a steep hill! :yikes
its about a 5 minute walk downhill tae the nearest pubs .....and a 35 minute stagger back at night :yikes
hi guys n gals does anyone know how far the palm beach is to rachels bar opposite the f oasis thanks :wave:
has any one been to this hotel in october ? had a bad experience of hotels winding down for the season at this time of year thought we would try benidorm
joanne 39,don't know about hotel ,but Beni all year round resort always quite busy with plenty going on and plenty of places to visit.
Just returned from The Palm beach after a 3 night stay . And i thought the hotel was horrid :( , but benidorm was as always wonderfull plenty of warm sunshine too :sun2 :sun2
just read your message what was horrid about it? :(
Just my opinion . The food , location , staff were not friendly, room was dirty , building work going on right outside hotel reception . But like i said its only my opinion :(
thanks for the reply if its as bad as you say we will complain. im sure we will enjoy ourselves . :)
joanne 39 - I am sure you will enjoy the Palm Beach Hotel. Like I have said before in my previous posts, I have stayed at the Palm Beach twice now and going again this Wednesday for a week and really looking forward to it. I am sure, like myself, you have nothing to worry about in terms of the hotel.

Gill :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.