Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Sue ... Calle Santo Domingo is the little narrow street which has come to be known as Tapas Alley. It connects Passeig de la Carretera, the main pedestrianised street in the Old Town (also known as 'The Walking Street'), with Placa Constitucion.

The Benimar Apartments are on Via Emilio Ortuno and are described as three quarters of a mile from the centre of the Old Town.

It may help you navigate your way around the resort if you order a free copy of the Benidorm Map & Leisure Guide ... please click HERE.

Sanji recently did some filming in the Old Town, you can view her videoclip by clicking HERE.

Some other info and discussion about the Old Town (away from Tapas Alley) can be found in various threads, including THIS one.

David :wave
i am off to benidorm soon, and have picked ups some great tips from this thread, i love tapas and cant to be there( shame i am on slimming world at the moment :lol: i wonder how i will work out all the syn values :lol: )
Great films that Sanji does but how different things are at night than during the day Tapes Alley and the Old Town it's like being in a different place, the buzz at night is brill. It is the most alive place I have ever been. Anyone who goes to Beni and does not go into the Old Town at night least once is missing a great treat. Only 8 weeks to go before we are there again. :sun
I agree Leyland Lass.
We have a stroll down there most nights, and wander about, we love the atmosphere at night.
Mind you we like it in the day too. :D
Hi
Can anybody tell me where Tapas Alley actually is. Just returned (10th Sept) after 10 days....as always it was fantastic. Stayed in the Gemelos 22 for the second time. I love the place and want to live there!!!! I average twice a year ......thats all my budget will allow.
Looking at flights for May.Has anybody booked any flights since the collapse of the airlines. There was talk that some fo the cheap and cheerful flight companies may go under and that means the big ones have the upper hand...hence expensive flights....I hope not! I am worried about booking then being told they have gone up...can they do that. I know last year that i had to pay extra on baggage a couple of months after I had booked.
Cheers
Jackie
Unfortunatly I find the tapas bars in C/ Domingo have become so popular because everyone who wants to try tapas asks where the tapas bars are in Benidorm and are directed only to "tapas alley",and their prices have gone up.
There is a small bar with large outside dinning area called Rosas.Its just set back off Levante beach old town end,where you still can get a tapas and small wine for 1 euro.
Hi, only just joining this thread and notice most of the posts are a bit outdated. Do things change much over the years with regards to eateries and bars. Is a lot of the info here still valid please? I'm not really sure how far back in the topic to browse as I'd like the info to be up to date. We're going at the start of April. Thanks.
Shirley for a really nice Spanish Meal i would recommend one of the following:- Aitena, which is on Calle Rufaza in the Old Town. Thats the Street which is straight opposite the Ale Hop shop, its on the right hand side about 50 yds up, just on the corner of the small square that also houses the Hof van Holland restaurant, which is a Belgium/Dutch place, which is also very good. The Paella and Seafood caserole is very good at the Aitena. Its nice to sit outside there if its warm, or they have a nice log fire inside for cooler evenings. This place gets a lot of Spanish customers, partcularily at weekends, and late evening. It doesnt open till 8pm, and if you go at that time it will be fairly quiet, as most Sanish will eat out late in the evening, at around 10 onwards, theres a real buzz about the place.

Also just before you get to the old town just off Calle Gerona near the Benidorm Centre hotel is El Segoviano, another small Spanish restaurant that does superb lamb, which drops off the bone, a bit basic on the accompanyments to go with it, but its worth it for the lamb dish!! The Comic Rikki Stevens likes it too!! ;)
http://www.rikkistevens.com/benidorm_restaurants.htm

El Meson, right on the corner at the Old Town End of calle Gerona is also excellent too, again its popular with the Spanish and tends to be quiet in the early evening but busy late on. Very good lamb, steaks, and suckling pig there!!

For Tapas just stick to Tapas alley to start with, La Cava de la Aragonessa, the one right at the end near the Queens Hotel, has a great selection, everyone knows where this is, so just ask!

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.