Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We were last there in 2004 as well. We had several meals at the Restaurant Bahia on the front. Walk towards the port and the Bahia is about the 10th restaurant along from the big rock! The Maitre Di was/is a chap called Abundio and he is very entertaining. The food is good as well and they really welcome children.
i cant quite place the hotel your staying at but there is 2 very good chinese restaraunts in Blanes , one near the campsites called The Hong kong, it is in the square near the irish bar in between the italians and tropicana s, the other is down the main street and is called The Asian Wok , both are reasonably priced , there is also a little dutch place down on the sea front at the campsites side of town, cant quite remember the name, something like La Navada , lovely friendly place ,their bbq spare ribs are lovely and the portions are huge ! Tropicana s is an english place that does the usual english menu , ideal for fussy kids that wont try anything different and want thier pie and chips for tea and fry up for breakfast !
I am a big fan of Blanes & the Boix Mar...As for rrestaraunts, try Las Palmeras: turn right out of the hotel & it is on your right after the newsagents & small supermarket. It is underneath the apartment block & doesn't look much, but you could get 3 courses with wine and bread for 10 euros when I was there in May this year. I have eaten at most of the places along the seafront, and cannot really fault any of them. I am off to the Boix Mar in September for a week, ariving Sat 15th...can't wait!
Thought I'd mention a place that I came across last year. One block back from the road along the seafront, between the harbour and the big rock on the beach, is Passeig de Dintre, a tree-lined street with an open air vegetable and fruit market.

On the north side of the street, on a corner, is a restaurant called Els Terrasans. It's a big, busy, bustling sort of place at lunchtime. It serves tapas. That's all. Just tapas. But what a variety: fried squid, meatballs, anchovies, pork, patatas bravas... I counted about 50 or 60 kinds.

It's very Spanish - the waiters speak little English, but they're very helpful. Me, the missus, sister-in-law, her husband and 3 young kids spent about 2 hours in there, just eating until the little dishes were empty, then ordering more, trying lots of different things. They sold ice cold Cava by the glass, and the beer was excellent, too.

I think we paid about forty pounds for the lot.

I'd go back in a flash.
I was at that very same tapas restaurant last week! It's a great place to sit and watch the world go by. The staff are friendly and efficient. They have an English translation of the tapas menu which makes life soooo much easier. :D

I wish I was there right now!!
Will definately have to try that tapas bar. & a few others that have been mentioned.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.