Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=84499 if i can post this , it was a similar thread but going the other way,,,,,,,,,,may help a bit??
Can anyone advise if there is a rail service between the two towns/cities. If so howv do I get a timetable and prices. How much for a beer in Lloret at the moment, local draught or bottles? Any sports bars showing racing/footie open in March?
If I recall correctly Lloret does not have a rail station. You have to travel inland a bit or along the coast to Blanes for the train.
going in jan for a few days and was wondering the time it takes from the airport to lloret??

cheers for any info
How are you getting from the airport to Lloret, by train i would say roughly an hour or just over the hour, not sure about other transport. Look on the rail website http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona

The train doesn't go straight through to Lloret i think you have to catch a bus from Malgrat , i;m sure that when you buy your ticket the cost covers both train and bus fare
Hi Benibob,

To get from Barcelona Airport to Lloret you need to catch a train from the Airport station to Barcelona Sants station then change platforms here.

Then you catch the train to Blanes and get off at Blanes and catch the bus from outside the station. It takes 15 - 20 minutes on this bus (1.25 Euro single). Bus leaves at 10 past and 20 to the hour to Lloret from Blanes station

The trains from the Airprort to Sants run every half hour. All go to Sants. The train to Blanes from Sants is about every half hour but can be more regular than this during week days. The train from Sants will be marked destination Blanes or Macenet.

If you don't want to hump heavy cases during your train change at Barcelona Sants I would do what I do and get a taxi from the Airport to L'Hospital Llobregat rail station (15 Euro approx) and get a direct train to Blanes from here. Again marked Blanes or Macenet. The train starts here and you;ll get a good seat as it will be relatively empty. Sit on the right to get the fantastic views of the Med.

The train journey will be about 1hr 30mins.

Train lines are C1 from the airport and C10 from Sants or L'Hospitalet Llobregat. This is handy to know when looking at the electronic info boards at the rail stations.

The Airport rail station is on the right when you leave the terminal. You'll see an escalator a hundred yards or so ahead. Take this then the moving walkway to the trains. Ticket box at end of moving walkway.

Hope this helps

Allan.
There is also the Sarfa bus company which leaves from Estacio de Nord in Barcelona. Which takes about an hour to get to Lloret (depending on traffic). First bus leaves about 07:45, with last bus leaving about 22:45. Departures are - i think- every 1/2 hour or hour depending if its a weekday or weekend. Their website gives more info (and has it in English). As for prices - didn't see any when i was looking.

Hope this helps as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.