Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Pedro's, Johnsies, Savio's, Betty;s place and the riverside, all equally as good, places to avoid, Martins corner and Kellys bar, the latter is a dreadful place Danny
Riverveiw, Goan Village, Bettys, Mikes - although one of our party had a bad dose of upset tummy after eating icecream there. Samanthas was good for Pizza but I hear that's now a supermarket. Fishermans wharf, Vinnies, and the chinese in Cavelossim but I cant think of the name - Golden Eye?
Hi all :wave:
The Goan Village and Riverview and Gaffinos are definates as for the others
I will wait for this seasons early visitors to post there reviews
some places can change I do hope not I LOVE IT AS IT IS :cheers Pat
It's been a few years since I've stayed there, I hope things haven't changed too much!!!
The Goan Village,Mike,s Place and Golden Eye in Cavallossim and Joe Cons
in Benaulim nr the Taj Hotel
ann
Here's my list for around Benaulim-

On the beach-
Pedro's
Johncy's
Little Tiger shack, if it's built again,as it's one that was demolished last season
And Palm Grove Cottages have a nice garden restaurant

Sernabatim Anthy's beach restaurant

Colva
Sagar Kinara Indian veg-non-veg
Sea pearl Fish
Mickeys
Magik Italy in village near church

Betalbatim
Sinatra's Chili
and Martins Corner, even though it's had some poor reviews lately

Off the beaten track
Fernando's Nostalgia Goan Raia near Margao

x lassi
My favourites

Bogmalo : Joets and Coconut Creek

Majorda : Pentagon

Cavallosim : Fishermens Wharf.

John
Our favourite restaurants around where we stay in the south are:-

The Pentagon - Majorda = Good mixture of dishes

Fusion - Majorda = A mixture of western and Portugese dishes. If you fancy a steak one evening, this is a good place to get one.

Crab Key - Majorda. Good crab dishes

Zeebop - Utorda. Lovely sea food.

Martin's Corner used to be one of our must go to places, but it isn't as good as it used to be and it is expensive.
I agree with you re Martins Corner,expensive and just living on it's name.As for Zeebops,i realy think it's overated as well.Unless you order Lobster or Fish they don't want to know,and the service is apalling.

John
Hi JC

I see you go to Cavellossim, you ought to try Palm Grove it is family run and a very unassuming place but the food is excellent.
You may have to book as it is only a very small place, infact it is there living room.

Tush
Big Neil
Last year I had a few meals in languenos(spelling may be wrong) in Benaulim, we had some very nice meals there, weekends very busy and you have a choice of eating indoors or out very clean toilets and really good service. Danny
Tush I think you are thinking Mendilsons (sp?) which is just before the Palm Grove and is owned by a brother-in-law of the owner of the Palm Grove's ;) The Palm Grove is also excellant the food is fantastic :tup
i dont think vinney will be managing what was vinney's place aka coconut palms this season he left just before the end of last season and he was thinking of opening his own place near the chinese just set back off the road or possibly managing the palm grove not sure what he's decided ?
Alfred60 wrote:
hairy bacon

Dont tell me its bacon complete with pig fur. Yeugh!!
Lynn had bacon and egg at Rosas, she was quite ill for a couple of days, and if you have seen the kitchen there you wouldn't bother eating there again, but rosie and her little place is lovely. Danny
Hi tightjock,

I thought Mandilson was the owner of Palm Grove and that they where one of the same ? could be having a "grey day"
and was Vinney not supposedley going to take over Coconut Palms, he once told me that the English couple whose name evades me ("definitley a grey day") promised they would give him the business when they had decided they'd had enough.
Whichever way I wish the lad all the best he's a grand lad and a grafter, his new wife is nice too.

tush
"I thought Mandilson was the owner of Palm Grove and that they where one of the same ? could be having a "grey day"
and was Vinney not supposedley going to take over Coconut Palms, he once told me that the English couple whose name evades me ("definitley a grey day") promised they would give him the business when they had decided they'd had enough.
Whichever way I wish the lad all the best he's a grand lad and a grafter, his new wife is nice too."

Laurence (actually Laurenchino) Rodruigez is the owner of The Palm Grove, his wife Monica's maiden name is Mandelson (or Mendilson) and her brother has Mandelsons. (Laurence and Monica live just opposite) they are a lovely family. The Coconut Grove has nothing to do with the Palm Grove though it was called Vinnies the last time we were there but I did hear that is no longer the case. We will be staying at the Palm Grove in three weeks so i will find out all I can and give an update ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.