Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes the season is about to start and the restaurant owners are painting their places, seen lots of thatching going down to the beach.

My favourite place to eat is Floyds, (the original one opposite the elephant shop) the food is better than most and a good variation of British and Indian food, the staff have to be the most obliging people in India running on errands ,arranging car scooter hire, Oh yes and good waiters.

My favourite meal is chicken or beef chilli fry, never been able to finish one yet at Rs130 not to spicy and lots of meat, followed by lobster at Rs900/1000, I can't eat lobster that often.
Lez
Angel Heart in Arpora, curries on the way to calangute (right turning past palmarina) travelbar opposite takkar ice factory in calangute,they do lovely baguettes.
place to avoid is the Blue whale restaurant( next to water park used to be 6 pack) in arpora, service and food not good.
we like sea shell or casa sea shell allways enjoy the food but it good
to try some were new :think liz
We like Rising Waves in candolim, similar menu to the Bisto but slightly cheaper.
You need to book if you like to eat later in the evening but can usually get a table around 7pm. :cheers
Floyds for us, one of the best and fantastic staff,best chicken tikka in Candolim
and to finish ice cream with hot choc sauce :clap
ann
OK floyds it is then!! but where is it? opposite the elephant shop i here you say. you've probably guessed my next question!!
where's the elephant shop???? :think :que
BOB
so to reiterate. its opposite the elephant shop, which is opposite floyds, which is just down the road from magnum!!! magnum being just up the from floyds and the elephant shop!!! have i got that right???? i take it that we are still talking about goa, or am i mistaken????ah-
ahhh-
aaaahhhhhh
aaaaaaaaaahhhhh
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:tut :swear :swear :swear :swear :BOB
To confuse you more Bob :que there are 2 Floyds one the same side as the Magnum
but the original and best is Floyds Hut opp side to the Magnum and the elephant
shop,the owner/chef is Elverio and the staff great,enjoy when you find it :rofl
ann
we ate at the capricorn (calangute)most nights towards the end of our stay,
Floyds Hut is great - we ate there loads!! Beef chilli fry mmmmmmmmmmm!! Oh and I agree about the Chicken Tikka! We haven't had one bad meal there - the starters came up like main courses - so beware very large portions!!
Oh Bob!! We aren't much help here are we? Obviously I don't know which way you will be coming from, but the best way I can describe it is, if you stand at the top of beach road turn right, pass newtons on your left and ...... and just keep walking for 5 mins and it should be on your right hand side!!

:think I hope that's right anyway!!
Isnt Flloyds near the takkar ice factory? if so that would be near holiday street turn right and on the left hand side. stays open till really late!!!
The Flloyds (Flloyds Hut) I described was definitely in Candolim last season - heading towards Casa Sea Shell away from Beach Road......Or maybe I had one too many G&T's? :duh
you lot argue amongst your selves, when you come to a conclusion that may come close to giving me the correct location of "FLOYDS", perhaps you could get back to me.
for myself, i'm off to have a nervous breakdown. i think i deserve it after all this, no don't try to stop me, i'm determined i'm going to get SOMETHING out of this. :yikes :yikes :yikes :rofl BOB
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.