Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
1-95 is in the street behind the main calangute/ candolim road (runs parallel) and is probably more calangute than Candolim, i agree the food and ambience is lovely
chilly
The food in the Republic of Noodles was excellent
Prices for drinks very very high.
Love Kim Faa in Baga for Chinese, they are always busy so it's best to book, we've never felt rushed but there is often a queue. Xaviers in Anjuna is excellent for local and Indian food, a bit hard to find (take a torch) but well worth it. East Meets West in Baga, we don't normally eat Continental food when in Goa but the Tournedos Rossini is fantastic mmmm (they do have an Indian menu too) and you must try the strawberry daiquiri :cheers - I hear their opening night is tomorrow 1st November, wish I did not have to wait until March!
We had a few really nice meals at Sunny Side Up just off the Candolim beach road, excellent quality and service. Have always loved the Bistro, nice choice of food and consistently good. Will definitely be trying Floyds Hut this year, have never been but some great reviews here.
Also looking forward to trying Shivers which I understand from Mike is a stones throw away from our apartment.
One disappointment last year was Cactus Shepherds Pie, it was OK but found the food a little bit bland
Jaajaa

We had a great night at East meets West last night the food was excellent and the entertainment was superb, very busy considering it was only long termers, sorry i don't mean to rub it in, i know you have to wait until March but it will be worth the wait.

Mike
I thought I95 was a little pricey and no real atmosphere IMO :( liked Soueymans kitchen much more and very similiar food to I95 :tup
Hi Guys

Restaurant getting good reviews this year is the Horizon View on the corner of whispering palms road, great value and a really nice place to go.

Mike
Hi went to "Fishland" formely Willys restaurant arpora/calangute road opp beach resort, very nice food and at reasonable prices also drinks are a good price,but need to be more organised ( food not coming out all together for the group) but that was just a minor setback, nice staff and tastefully decorated, they also have a restaurant at the end of Baga beach where the buses turn round open 24 hours. :tup
If the cow is sacred in India how comes it is freely available to eat?
thats for the Hindu population, muslims eat beef and christians eat any meat hindus dont eat any red meat
we all know and have been to the nicer restaurants in the north, plenty to choose from probably the new incarnation of au reverie being my fave at the moment by a long mark, but where do people think are best for say a nice meal out for less than £10 pp for a 3 course and a few drinks?

i know some will disagree but i quite like the stone house for a cheap night out especially for their butter chicken!

anyone care to add, especially if they are around candolim!!! :)
I Think Floyds beats Stonehouse for both value and quality of food.Of course only IMHO.
Sweet Chilly.
Entertainment every night and good choice of food.
Quite a lot of Goans and Indians eat here usually for Birthdays etc.
Portions are generous so usually 2 courses and rarely spend more than 1200rps for 2.
i love INFERNO on the candolim beach road!

it does the best garlic cheese nann....yum yum yummmmmm. And this time next week i will be stuffing my face with one ;)
Agree - Inferno...definitely Flambe,Mermaid for fishy stuff and definitely Soumyen's Kitchen but it may just stretch the £10 a little bit.
haha sorry papa! but just so you feel better i will eat one for you aswell ;)

:tup
WE went to banana moon in Calangute and I cant remember how much it was but it was a 3 course meal for something like 300 rupees ..and it had brill music on too ...colleen
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.