Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just back from a week and I tend to stick to my old favourites but like to try a couple of new ones aswell, well I was very pleasantly surprised by Foxey's steakhouse near the Highland Beach , the steaks were fantastic and very welcoming staff , great prices too, not 'posh' at all but a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
I also very much liked the Thai Oriental at the Mira Hotel ,we had the mixed sarter for 2 which was lovely and the beef satay was beautiful, definitely recommended :tup
I didn't get around to trying many on my list compiled from this forum and wish I had as some places were mediocre and visited for convenience, as it was so hot to wander too much at night. One nice surprise was Kalinga's on the Sinquerim/Candolim road. Didn't like the food or the prices in Bomra, nor the ants on the table. Didn't like Jikoni's much either, but the Sunset Bistro was good when we were all a bit curried out the second week. Went in the Starlight, Arpora, on the way home by scooter from the Saturday night market and it was lovely food and very cheap too. They have a sign up 'Fish curry and rice, and a Kings beer for 55r's'.!! We didn't see it until we had ordered, but what a bargain. Domingo's, down Tito's lane was still nice food, but the two girls have left and the one waiter left couldn't cope alone, so it was a bit slow. Loved pulling in at St Antonys Tea rooms some evenings after leaving a beach, for cream teas. Delicious and always popular. Petes Shack's still excellent service and value as were Ganesh's and some on the northern beaches. Inferno, much the same as usual-ok. Sher-en- Punjab was lovely after a sunset cruise in Panjim.
Have to agree with Mike R, the Pheonix Bar on Baga Rd is excellent.
The owners Mike and Jenny are excellent hosts and the food is fab. When you get fed up with the spicy stuff its nice to be able to find somewhere that does great home cooked British food. Their chips are to die for!!
Burgers, Pies and of course their Liver n Mash just wonderful
hi noel
where on baga road is the phoenix bar,say in relation to kim faa thanks
Debs
Its just past Scirroco and Cafe Coffee Days up a litttle side street, about a minute walk from Kim Fa, excellent food and staff
Noel
I have had a text from "Herman" the guitar man to say he is playing at Top Nosh Candolim on Sunday, has anyone been there ?

I have been told that it run by the chef from Hotplate's but that place has had a chequered history so would like to know if the food is any good?

Me
Passed Top Nosh a couple of times 1st week in April, and there were quite a few in, good reports on food, but the music was way too loud to enjoy a meal for us, could here it 400 yards further down the road.
We ate at top Nosh in February.
The food was ok but nothing special, the location under the trees was nice. The chairs look great but are not the most comfortable to sit in.
We may go again next year but it would not be at the top of our list.
Thanks of the replies,

We went to the Bisto to eat and it was brilliant, I am please we did as it was their last night and then went on to Top Nosh for a night cap and the last hour of Herman playing, the o/h likes a bit of Steffan Wolf or the Stones to bop to, I prefer Marley and the blues.

It must have been our lucky night, as he played all of them and finished by playing Harmonica to his version of Muddy Waters Sitting on top of the world, a really good night out.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.