Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Bobbsy here is a posting ive found that Hughsey made a while ago.

The restaurant is Bhatti's Bar. Go down the road from Candolim towards Panjim, turn left at the junction to Nerul, follow the lane. Best to get a taxi.

Ive never been either and I really want to try it. It was closed for most of last season so we didnt get along. Mike will have very accurate directions for it since he lives in Nerul.

When are you going to Goa this year Bobbsy?
Great Bobbsy. Marinha Dourada for us all well. We will be there until 12 December. Maybe see you at one of the meets :cheers
I wasnt impressed with Inferno at all, decent enough, but nothing special, very good prices tho. Mermaid - can take it or leave it as well.
Souyemans kitchen - now that place is difference class - fantastic food.
As Irishcolleen says value for money - you cant beat Banana Moon :D
Just wanted to post on this restaurant thread about The Carvery as we have eaten there twice now this season and food has been brilliant again and very reasonable prices, nice atmosphere and great live Indian music and a dancer last night, they were excellent, I had a scrummy Tandoori Kingfish fillet salad and chips (!! oops, yes chips... but were they good chips ;) crispy and not hard and soggy!!) the fillet of fish was big and very tasty... as was the finely chopped and seasoned salad...
chilly
if you want a cheap meal and drink i can recomend anans in calangute, its at the top of calangute,(turn right to mapsa, left to candolim)as you come up from the beach walk as far as you can and you should see it, it was 80 rps for a meal and drink, it is very basic and locals eat there, but friendly... :)
Mmmmmm ........sounds wonderful :tongue and here I am eating porridge on a foggy wet Friday morning !!!

Glad you're feeling better. jan x
Inferno *shudder*

The first couple of times were fine - but the last time I went a (massive) cockroach was on the back of my chair!! :yikes The service wasn't great, food was quite poor - although i would say the prices were pretty fair!
Yum! Sounds lovely. All I have had today is a slice of toast and a yoghurt.
hi all
ican recommend sweet chilli in candolim,capricorn in calagute also vrundavan,and mermaid in candolim all different and different styles ask if more info reqd on any one :)
The guy who owns the Carvery in Candolim, Ram, used to run Cactus Shepherds Pie, that is why CSP has gone off a bit and Ram's Carvery is good. We also love the Moonlight, in Candolim (beach side of the football pitch), Kim Fa Chinese in Baga and Domingo's (down a side turning in Tito's lane) in Baga. In the daytime the food at Pete's shack is excellent (also on the beach behind the football pitch area of Candolim). Arpora has a couple of really nice restaurants.To be honest the nicest food is sometimes in the most unlikely of places. :tup
my fave is nisha's up titos road
great seafood and steaks and a really good price,
highly recommend
always go there
mmmmmmmmmmm
Banana Moon is on the right side just past Molly Malones, down the road leading to paradise park, left at the roundabout top of baga/calangute steps road( leading to beach) radonnda on the corner,
Dont know if itas opened this season though Abo was thinking of going to Cambodia :que
I dont think Banana Moon will be opening Abbo has gone!!
chilly
Had a lovely meal in Bhatti Bar, Nerul last night. Butter garlic king prawns, mushroom chill fry, fish in white wine sauce...all beautifully cooked and very cheap. It is a little easier to get a table at the moment, he did get very busy during monsoon as his reputation has spread with wealthy Goan businessmen but they don't come so often now the season has started. Still better to book though, number is 9822184103.
Also love Sea Shore in Calangute, reasonable price and lovely Tibetan food, turn left down the lane after Red Lion pub, just past Plaintain Leaf. Opposite Braganza Resort.
St Anthonys Tea Garden in Calangute (near the Church at the roundabout) does lovely afternoon teas....dainty sandwiches and scones and cream, very civilised!
kind regards
Thanks Towpal, great information and tips. Thanks also for the phone no for Bhatti Bar and Restaurant, I will take it with me and phone and reserve a table.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.