Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We stayed at the Silver Sands again from Nov 28th to Dec 22nd.

Do you mean Candolim though, and not Baga ???? If you do, then the shack is called the Ceu Mar and the waiters were called Ramesh, Victor, Valuev and Aman. If its the same Sami, he's been moved into the reception bar at the SS hotel.

There seemed to be quite a bit of too'ing and fro'ing between the waiters, I asked a few of them why and it all boils down to tips. The shack was very,very quiet with usually a dozen folk there, so tips were bad. The hotel was fair to middling, so tipping was average. But the lads all wanted to wait on at the Angorra ( a restaurant just around the corner from the hotel, opposite the Sportsmans bar) which is part of the Silver Sands empire. Apparently the tips are very,very good there.

All this pales into insignificance though, if you are on about a totally different beach shack ..... :duh
No, it is beach shack at the river end of Baga beach next to Oceanic.
Hi mazzy

Just got back today. Silver sands is there this year and Sammy and Raj are there. It's the very last shack now at the end of baga beach. Not good for getting into the sea and the tide limits the amount of sun beds they can put out. Not an ideal position for them but they are there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.