Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Bigfoot.
8 Posts
We went there last Easter - I really enjoyed the visit. We were taken around a Portuguese house first and the guide was really informative. The trip around Bigfoot was enjoyable too. Interesting to find out about the soap stones and feni. I suppose it took about 3/4 of an hour from Candolim. We happened to go through the villages with all the locals celebrating Holi - the festival of colours so I guess that made the day too.

Hope this helps - Jo
Thank you Jo, we will give them a visit.

barrie.
we fancy trying this trip when we go in jan too
looks good
we fancy trying a few new things this time,weve done the waterfalls,beaches,plantations,waterfalls,markets so fancy something different as it will most probably the last time my parents can fly to goa (the journey gets too much for him)
hello

Can anyone tell me what Bigfoot is. I've never heard of this in Goa before. Were back in December and looking for somewhere different to go to.
The Goan Tourist board runs a daily coach excursion to Old Goa, several temples, The Old Portuguese mansion and Bigfoot, Dona Paula, Colva and the Sunset river cruise on the Mandovi at Panjim. It's a full day's sightseeing and only costs about 150 rups (The river trip is an optional extra about another 150). You book it at the Tourist Residence in Calangute (just passed the football ground on right going down towards sea front) a couple of days in advance, and the seats on the coach are reserved for you.
Oh, and "Bigfoot" is a footprint in the hard rock from pre-historic times with special powers! ! ! :) :) :)
Bigfoot is a model village it's meant to be educational so is ideal for kids. We went there a few years ago on our way home from visiting a friend in Salcette. You get a guided tour around the village - the guide explains how fenny is made, how cashews are extracted how to make a traditional Masala etc.

Follow the link to read about the place, it sounds a lot better than I remember!!

It's not a bad day out if you combine it with something else, personally I wouldn't make the trip purely just to see Bigfoot.

GFF xx

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2005/11/06/stories/2005110600360800.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.