Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Fiona

Thanks for the links. I have just returned from Dubai and was worried beforehand as I too am on some medication. I struggled to find if it was banned as most of the websites I found all seemed to give the American names of the tablet so it confused me. I asked my GP and asked the pharmacist and they weren't able to help me. Told me to Google it which I had alread done!!

However, I took my tablets in the original packaging along with the part of the prescription form you get to keep.

They were in my handbag which went through the scanners etc and no questions were asked.
I posted a review on the hotel last year and as we stayed in the same hotel, everything is the same if not better!!!

Would you like me to start a new thread in this forum?
sugarbabe please feel free to start a new topic on your hotel, :think Crowne Plaza Festival City if I am correct.

If you could title it Crowne Plaza Festival City Dubai that would be great.

Cheers
Graham
I have been looking at a cruise from Dubai but I`m put off because of the medication problem. I am on some of the drugs which are on the restricted list for my RA and I couldn`t function without my pain relief if they were to be taken off me. Has anyone visited Dubai who are on Tramadol, for example, who can tell me their experience please?
I know what you mean Jax. I could not actually go to Dubai with mine. But you should be ok if you take the doctors letter and prescription. However, to be absolutely on the safe side email the MOH. I will pm you with the address of the person who returned my email.
Hi ive just returned from Jumeria beach hotel Dubai,
The medication i took with me was Tramadol, Gabapentin, Diazepam, Serc. and hrt treatment,
I obtained a letter from doctors and took repeat prescription letter with me. Tabs in original boxes.
All in my handbag, this went through the normal scanners and i was not stopped or questioned at all.
Please try not to worry, as some post on various sights can be very scary re medicines. im not saying you will definately not be stopped but i wasnt.
Enjoy your holls to all future holiday makers.. and just :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.