Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi and welcome to HT!

No you cannot walk it as it takes approx 30-40 mins to walk. However a taxi shouldn't cost much, maybe €10.

There is further info on using the train HERE

luci :wave
If you are staying at the Beach Club then the station to get off at would be La Colina , then a 10 min walk downhill to the Hotel ...
Yes La Colina is the closest station, but I certainly wouldn't want to walk it with luggage adn there are rarely taxis there.

luci :wave
have decided to get a taxi from airport,too much hassle with luggage to get train.thanks for replies x
Hi All
Going to Torremolinos in March, have not made my mind up yet which hotel to stay in, but I think it shall be either the Beach Club or the Greigo Mar. What is the current cost of a taxi from the airport to the resort if you use the airport taxis ?. I seem to be reading prices from 10 to 20 Euro, why the big difference ?

Thanks

Robert
Hi Robert. That big difference is because Torremolinos stretches for MILES. You might be staying in, say, the Royal Costa Hotel in Avenida Riviera, next to Parador golf - just three-and-a-half miles from Malaga Airport, or maybe the Sol Timor in Saltillo - close to Benalmadena Marina, but still strictly in Torre, and almost eight miles from AGP.
While the Timor-airport taxi fare is indeed 20 euros (at least from the Saltillo end), I think you'd struggle to pay as little as 10 euros to the Royal Costa. In fact, I believe the minimum fare from the airport, anywhere, is now 15 euros!
Tony.
Thanks for that as this is my first time in Costa Del Sol. Can you walk from the Beach Club to Benalmadena ? and if so how long would it take.
Thanks

Robert
It will take a good 30 to 40 minutes, maybe longer if you are just strolling.
The bus from the Beach Club will take you to the town centre then you can get a bus to Benalmadena or walk the rest of the way.
I`d take a look at the Review section before booking the Beach Club or Griego Mar though.There are plenty of better hotels in Torremolinos.
Did pay 20 euros to my apartment which is located behind the Griego Mar.but that was a few months ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.