Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Tabac is 100 yds from station.As you come out of station,straight ahead and turn right down first narrow street.Tabac is 20 yds down that street.
What I would do is put your cigs in a suitcase. You could buy one in torremolinos rather than carrying an empty one across - this also saves time at the luggage reclaim conveyor belt on the way in.

As soon as you buy them from the tabac shop, pop them straight in. I can't see anyone on the train knowing what you are carrying then. They will just presume your case is full of clothes, and that you are on your way to the airport.
Thanks for the info and advice guys, i had a really nice day out, went to the beach had lunch and bought the ciggies. It all went like clockwork.
HI LEGO,Well done only 3200 ,thats a guidline ,if its for personal use and not resale I should fill my case,No one else in europe is given a guideline.
or am I opening a can of worms here
PS where did you book your flight ?
we have used a holdall neally evertime sometimes you have to stand on the train and bus ,so be prepared.san miguel st is one of cheapest to buy have price list here in front of me .
how much do a pack of 200 cost in torremolinos, its 10 years since
last visit.
cheers.
26euros for lamberts in samigel st john players black were only 15 euros,i smoke lamberts light but tryed sax blue which are lights red are norm they are 15 euros for 200,try a 20 pkt,not many places sell them samigel st does.
I dont really want to put too much of a damper on your shopping for cigs, but if you put them in your suitcase get it wrapped at the airport (there are a couple of machines there).
There has been a spate of thefts from suitcases (presumably baggage handlers) and they target cigarettes. They rely on the visitor getting home, and not speaking spanish, being reluctant to telephone to report the theft. Even if it is reported, it is difficult to prove and the spanish police have not been too cooperative in the past.
Sorry to sound like a misery but prewarned is prearmed,

Cheers,

John
took your advice but just put 2 locks on case,flight was 3/12hrs late and when we got to cardiff ,the double locked suitcase was forced open with several things gone
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.