Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Lisa. Just across the road from the Beatriz Palace (formerly the Mare Nostrum) you'll find the Stables. It's straight up the road past the garage, then left up the hill, and on the left (although there's a short-cut you will figure out for yourselves). No more than seven minutes away.
It's owned by a former bullfighter and his family (you can't miss him, he's the one with a limp!), and the food there is well worth checking out before you take the longish walk into Fuengirola.
In Fuengirola itself, "Fish Alley" will lead you to Don Pe, and, before that, Casa Roberto - both hard to beat for food and atmosphere.
A 15-minute walk (beachside) going west from the Beatriz will see you arriving at the Faro Playa Restaurant, where the terrace eating area, food, and view are pretty near unbeatable! Wherever you end up, enjoy!
Can recommend the El Candil, a Spanish place with great food, best to book if you want a meal at times when locals eat as it gets packed. To find it locate the roundabout with horses heads in the middle, and take the road heading for the beach, its near the bottom on your right on a corner.
I'd back Tony up and recommend Don Pe if you're going into fish alley. The pork and four seasons sauce there is lovely, amongst other things they do.
If you were feeling really energetic, strawberries restaurant in Torreblanca is only a 50 minute walk away and if all else fails there's always McDonalds :P
Hi there

For a detailed restaurant guide to Fuengirola, try the following website, Parque Dona Sofia. Basically it is a website that offers luxury beach apartments in Fuengirola but has detailed information on reastaurants, area etc. Can also recommend the apartments they rent out and the service they provide.

http://www.donasofia.com/living/restaurants.htm
Hi,

We are off to Fuengirola on Friday for a short, 4 night break.

Have been looking online for some restaurant ideas and noticed alot of them say "Closed Sundays/ Mondays". As we intend to head into town for dinner on both those nights, can anyone advise if our choice is going to be limited, or should there still be plenty of options?

Thanks!

Lisa
Hi Lisa. Only the fish restaurants are likely to close on Mondays (no fresh fish that day). On Sunday nights, even this early in the season, it is unlikely to see many eateries closed in Fuengirola.
Was there last week, and can thoroughly recommend the new Tipi-Tapa Restaurant, short of the steps leading down to Las Rampas. Great selection, decent prices and speedy service. Sit outside or in. Only minus point - the giant-sized wine glass that holds a disappointing measure within. Apart from that, 10 out of 10!
http://cerveceriatipitapa.com
Hi Tony,

Wow - thanks for that recommendation. My mouth was watering seeing all those tapas! We'll definately give that a try.

Do you just go in and wait to be seated and then choose off the menu, or are all the tapas on deisplay ot choose from ?

Thanks again, I've printed out the map from the website to make sure we can find it.

Lisa
Hi Lisa. Yes, all the tapas are on display behind a huge glass screen just a few yards inside the restaurant. You might have to guess what one or two of them are, or ask the waiter/waitresses.
If you are in any doubt, do as we did, and arm yourself with a menu (in Spanish and English), then ask the questions.
Again, a great find and prices are good, too. We had five tapas, one wine, one San Miguel and one Coke for less than £8. Enjoy!
Hi Tony,

I have to agree that the Tipi Tapas place looks lovely. I havent tried it yet but I did pop in to have a look when i saw it. That would be a perfect place to go for me to go with the girls for a bite to eat after having walked around the shops on a Saturday. :D Personally, I much prefer Fuengirola shops to the new Myramar centre.

There was a Tipi Tapas place up near the zoo. Has this one closed or is it that they have just opened another one?

It looks very clean and well presented.
Hi Sunny Senorita. Was not aware there was a Tipa-Tapa at the zoo, so do not know if it has closed as the one at Las Rampas opened. Now you have got me worried. Does the one on the website map point to the old one, or the new. Geography was never my best subject!
Map is of Calle Malaga which is up by the Zoo (more or less), the whole area at the moment is chaos due to road works. No mention on the website of the place at Las Rampas.
Yes it looks like they havent updated their website (typical Spanish 'manana' attitude) so im not sure if this is an additional one or that they have relocated.

Anyhow, I guess for the majority of people visiting Fuengirola the new one in Las Rampas (near to the bus station) will be much easier for people to find and more convenient.

:D
Going to Fuengirola Feb 2, recommendations for good restaurants in the Boliches area would be appreciated.
Along the same lines I am due to arrive in Fuengirola on 5 th February although I am near the castle. Is there a main drag where the restaurants are and are most likely still to be open in February

Thanks
Calle Montayo (Fish Alley) in Fuengirola has restaurants that cater for every taste. None would stay open long here if they did not measure up, so I cannot think of any you must avoid.
At the top end of the scale, those either in Fish Alley itself, or very close to it, include Portofino's, Don Pe, Casa Roberto, and Moochers. Poncho's, opposite the bowling alley and near Hotel Palmares, serves up superb Argentine steaks. Ku Damm, at the port and right on the harbour, is great for a fixed-price lunch or dinner.
Busiest restaurant in Los Boliches is Cheers. Good, honest English grub here and huge portions. Pretty much a cafe setting, though. Better still is Wolfgang's 150 yards or so up the Paseo Maritimo.
Paloma in Los Boliches is tops for pizzas, while the best fish and chips in town can be found in La Parra (behind Hotel Confortel, Calle Poeta Salvador Rueda). Bulgarian waitress here is worth her weight in gold.
Plaza San Rafael (statue square, at the Confortel) in Los Boliches has an ever-so-plush Chinese eaterie, and near it, facing the sea, you have the ever-popular Carihuela, which is Spanish-owned.
Lots of choices other than these few. Enjoy.
Can anybody tell me where the best Tapas Bars are in fuengirola.
Many thanks TonyA.
if in Fuengarola,you must try Hollywood,i the Myrama,and the Fajitas,and combos are luvely,there isalso a KFC opened there in Aug last year,for you people who like it,as the nearest other one is in Mabella
Off to fuengirola at the end of April, (bunch of golfers). Any recommendations for decent bars/pubs would be much appreciated, (not that we don't take our golf seriously, but we enjoy a bit of nightlife also!). In particular, are there any decent Tapas restaurants? I know that 'fish alley' is the apparently the place to go, but some recommendations would be useful as well. Staying at the Myramar Castle Beach if anybody's been there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.