Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi lolaanne, you have no need to worry, Qawra / Bugibba is a very busy resort with loads to do for every kind of taste, there are quiet bars, disco bars, night clubs, traditional pubs, and loads of different kinds of places to eat, you are also very close to the bus terminus and from here you can explore the whole of Malta very cheaply, if you want to sunbathe then you can do this in the resort either by the pool or by the sea, and if you want a nice sandy beach then you are a short bus ride from Golden Bay, so please don't worry, there will be loads to suite you both, please try to relax and look forward to your holiday, Malta is a very relaxed and nice place to visit, there is tons to see or do, the people are warm and friendly and the weather in summer is fantastic, please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to help you, and if I can't then I am sure BHM Trev, Dave, or Plumbari will.

Regards
Sliema2
My daughter and her boyfriend, similar ages to yourselves went to this hotel last July. It was awful and she was subsequently contacted by a representative for Holidays from Hell.
I will get her to respond to you if you want to know more.
Thank you for your replies, however, I am still unsure. If there are any problems with our hotel, is there any chance of getting a transfer to another hotel in the area? I am worried that the hotel will be awful after the reviews that I have read. I have already paid the full £570 for this all inclusive holiday, ansd I am worried about the cleanliness and food standards, I am not picky and usually stay in 2-3* hotels, but as it is our 2yr anniversary we wanted to make it special and go for something a little more luxury. Is there any possibility that can I get a free transfer to another hotel if I am unhappy or will I have to pay out more money?
Hi lolaanne,

I think Sliema2's comments cover most of your questions and I have read your other post. You don't say when you are over there but the sea is crystal clear and from June onwards warm. Please take into consideration what you have paid for a two week all inclusive holiday! I don't like these type of holidays as they tend to attract large families because it works out to be very good value for them which means lots of screaming children!. Dare I suggest that you try and change your booking for a self catering one? There are many good restaurants around you and it's nice to get out of the hotel and stroll around looking for where you fancy dining. Hope you have a great time. :)
Hi.......you will enjoy Malta there is something for everyone in Malta.I dont know anything about you hotel but like the last message says .....you must remember you get what you pay for. Still i woulnt worry to much if the food is Naff and it may be at the price you have paid ..food is cheap to buy..so just enjoy , go to Slima for a day or night then try Valletta.
ENJOY DONT WORRRY.XXXX
Hello lolaanne* Well where do you start I had a look at the reports for this hotel on this forum only, and although they were old they did not seem that bad to me. If you look at most reports on hotels in Malta you will find that the chef in most cases puts your meat on the plate for some resson, they did this when we stayed a the Park Hotel (Sliema) with this you just say that you are not on a diet or put another slice on.
Entertainment, most hotels in Malta again seem to put the same thing on, and it is never much good although someone will tell of one or two that do have a good show on.
You don't say what your worry is about the hotel, but remember that you are only there mostly to sleep, the one thing you should do if you still go there if you do have any problems go strait to hotel desk with them not you tour rep as they can and should sort them out for you.
The last thing when going on holiday it pays to get a good guide book and read up on the area, its all part of the build up to the holiday.
Some places for a visit you could look at my peace (A bit of history) on this forum and remember you can do most of them on the local bus and save money, don't give it to the tour rep as they will rip you of :twisted: .

Hope this is of some help
Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.