UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Llandudno
26 Posts
Should have said - I had a look online & found Jenivore (no bar but can take own drink into lounge) & Kinmel. Both look OK & are c£70 for the room. Any other suggestions welcome.
Looking for a child friendly restaurant in LLandudno for Saturday night - possibly Pizza / Pasta - anyone know of a suitable place?
Steve, I have a recommendation but it isn't pizza or pasta. The place is called Home Cookin and is at 139 Mostyn Street....the pier end of that road.

It's quite small and is open until about 9.30pm. As it's name says it concentrates on home cooking and everything on the menu has either been freshly cooked on the premises (no boil in the bag or warmed up efforts) or has been freshly baked by someone local. The food is fresh, wholesome and plentiful. The puddings/desserts are to die for. It is also very reasonably priced.

They do a children's menu which costs £3.95. For this the child can have a mini roast dinner such as lamb (highly recommended by my children), beef, pork or chicken, with all the trimmings plus fresh vegetables, boiled and roast potatoes. You can also choose something like a freshly prepared burger or a small pizza or breast chicken nuggets and they will serve chips of you ask them. They can then choose from ice cream, sorbet, apple pie, freshly baked chocolate cake and others I cannot remember. They also get a drink. The portions are huge as my 11 year old can testify. He has a big appetite and was more than satisfied with their meals.

The adult menu varies from roasts, to home made shepherds pie to home made curry and also lasagna. Portions are generous and everything comes with fresh vegetables and so on.

We ate there every night for a week back in August. Three adults and two children, a bottle of wine, drinks and two courses each and once or twice three courses. The bill never came to more than £45 and mostly was around the £38 mark. This is a bargain for the quality and quantity of food.

The only down side is that you cannot book in advance and because it is so popular this may mean queuing for half an hour outside. We found that if you went just before 6pm or after 8.30pm, queuing was only 5 minutes if you were unlucky.

I have no connection to this restaurant apart from being a very satisfied customer. The children were made to feel welcome and loved the food.
Many thanks for that - unortunately we were there Saturday night but maybe someone else will benefit frm your post.

We ate at a great Italian called Valentino - I'd recommend this to anyone visiting Llandudno.
Can anyoe tell me what the Llandudno hotel Chatswoth House is like. I've looked on the web site but would like someones personal experience of the hotel.
Can't help with the hotel I'm afraid - but if you need any info on Llandudno, give me a shout... I live about 20miles away and am always there on a Wednesday for the cinema :D
Thanks can you perhaps direct me to where a group of mixed age adults can go in Llandudno for a good evenings entertainment. Kareoke or anything along those line one proviso no bingo :)
I live about a mile from Llandudno...the Chatsworth..is on the seafront,although I have never visited..it looks nice from the outside..it must have entertainment,as it has a ballroom..they call it a holiday hotel...a big plus is the indoor swimming pool....have you been on there website...also try trip advisor....Cheers Suzy
Can you Guys and Gals locla to Llandudno help me out

I'm looking for a TOURING caravan site close to the place can't find a decent one as they've all gone static

Note to mods I know this is camping related BUT these guys are locals
http://www.kwikbreaks.co.uk/mainfs.php?cid=45

I dont know if this helps you atall....Dinerth Hall site......I willstill have a look around.
Ta

for the shortcuts folks

My problem is I'm looking for something a bit nearer than 10 minutes away by car and it has to be open all year
I'm looking to go fishing next month (February) so need to be well positioned especially as I'm alone and have a disability
Hi ..Are you fishing off the pier in Llandudno ?...or where,it is a long sea front.....you did say Llandudno ,is that where you are fishing....??
Plan to fish the Pier and a place I think is called Pigeonholes on the Gt Orme

That's why I wanted to get as close as possible to the town
The Llandudno Tourist Information Office (telephone +44(0)1492 876413)

is at 1 Chapel Street, Llandudno.

Email: tourism@conwy.gov.uk

I think this may be your best bet...failing that why don't you consider a B&B..there are so many in Llandudno...sorry I was unable to help.................
No problems Suzyq

Been through the Tourist office last year that's when I found out the site I usually use had gone all statics :cry:

and B&B's don't appreciate you going in and out with the tides (very late at night or very early morning) and the funny smell of sea angling baits that linger on you after a session :lol:
I quite understand,you do have a problem,but why is it a problem to be a little more than 10 minutes drive away...once you have parked your caravan, you just need to drive your car to the Orme...am I missing something here ?...............I know you said you have a back injury,but you will be driving ?
...am I missing something here ?...............I know you said you have a back injury,but you will be driving ?

Preferably not
that way I don't have to worry about parking and can take a few cans with me too
just got back from a weekend in llandudno again, we love it and are only new to it for over a year. we've just stayed at the jenivore family hotel situated @ 100yds walk to the top of the main mostyn street near to home cookin etc.
the hotel is a well run and clean family friendly hotel where nothing is a problem or an inconvenience. it is also much cheaper than the front hotels where they look down their nose at you if you have kids especially if they are a little excited in the mornings, i mean its a fab place to be and my son who is 4 loves the wide and very safe promenade to run around on.
there are many places to eat out, we love the indian on the corner of mostyn and gloddaeth i think its the taj (not the bengal palace which is always empty) and also the chinese restaurant on gloddaeth is nice also with its banquet meals.
home cookin is of course our favourite and we return many times.as for my little one he is happy with kfc or burger king as he is often asleep by the time we eat at night.
we had a fantastic day out at the greenwood family park, it is clean ,well run and very affordable. my 4 yr old loved all the climbing areas and different activities including the power free eco-rollercoaster (the dragon) it is great. we will return and advise others with active children to go and spend a day running their batteries down. myself and my wife also enjoyed the large bouncy cushion for adults and children to play on.
we love llandudno as it is flat, clean and very affordable and will return many times.
does anyone know of a good campsite for us to stay in a tent in that area as we would like to stay longer than 2 or 3 days next time?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.