Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
For anyone due to travel from Birmingham to Bourgas on Thursday 12th August. I have had confirmation by email from Balkan that this flight is going to be cancelled. Alternative flights have not been arranged yet.
  • Edited by Yvonne 2006-04-13 16:38:56
Hi Yvonne,

Well at least you now have an answer, and you are entitled to cancel and get a full refund, or start again booking a new holiday.

Best of luck,

Peter
Hi All

I have spoken to Balkan who were very helpful (although the operator didn't know my flight was being cancelled, until she asked the supervisor). I was offered an alternative flight or a full refund. I have opted to go to Sozopol 2 days later from Birmingham. I was on the same flight last year which was not vey practical as it the return flight left Bourgas at 6.20 am which is not ideal with young children.

I'm really looking forward to going to Sozopol for the first time so decided to go with that flight rather than not at all.

Hope everyone else is as lucky. Had I left this till Balkan got round to cancelling the flight and sending the letters out, my alternative flight may have been full and I would be starting from scratch again.

Best Wishes

Yvonne
Topic merged with original.

luci :wave
Hi, as promised an update on the Balkan Flights from Gatwick to Varna. My daughter has received today the change of times letter from Balkan for her flight on 26th May. My letter probably following as I do not leave until 2nd June. Cheers Tonyt
As promised, Got my notification from Balkan via Travel Agents to say sorry they had just been informed of Flight Changes, exactly same letter sent to my Daughter two weeks ago. So its as Varna Airport States. Not really counting but 29 days. Cheeers. Tonyt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.