Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just completed our visa forms tobe sent to Puja Travel tomorrow. Was a bit confused where it asks for the address to where the passport has to be sent. Our address or the agents, as i think the agent actually collects them.
Have also sent a form that has been filled in on the computer instead of handwritten. Has any one else done this? :roll:
Hi Goangirl, I have always filled our forms in on the computer and have never had a problem, obviously the important part is the handwritten signature.

I'm thinking of using Benmar Visa Services, they will charge £107 for 2 visas including Special Delivery return postage. Have the forms all filled in with me today so planning on sending them today. Our postie tells me that the Special Delivery items still get through even with the strike.
I used PUJA travel, and to be fair, they were better than what I expected, they even phoned me on the day they received them to let me know that they had received them. :lol: :roll:
We used http://www.yourtravelshop.com to get our Visa's done. There number is 08707550715.

We dropped them off in their office on Sunday 23rd October, as we only live a few miles away from them (they are based in Bolton). They run a service where they drive down to Birmingham with them daily. It takes two weeks from the day of posting and only costs you £10, however, they will give you a group booking discount if you ask them.

You can post it to them and have them post it back if you include postage. Or you can drop it off and collect from them if you live locally etc...

Very good service, and like Ronseal, does everything it says on the tin :D
I feel a bit easier after reading replies. But will still breath a sigh of relief when they come back to me processed, and can then look forward to Goa!
Miccie said
I'm thinking of using Benmar Visa Services, they will charge £107 for 2 visas including Special Delivery return postage. Have the forms all filled in with me today so planning on sending them today. Our postie tells me that the Special Delivery items still get through even with the strike.

:? I'd rung Puja Travel when IHC in London stopped doing postal visas...and was told it was £10 per visa. Rung them just now - and its gone up to £20 per visa! :roll: So have to send cheque to them for £100 PLUS Special Delivery envelope for them to return.
Sent to Puja Travel yesterday, they have just received them. They said will get them back next week or the week after! Fingers crossed!
GoanGirl, I got a 5 day turn around with Puja - sent them on a Wednesday and received them back the following Monday morning :)
Well worth the extra £20 for the fast service. Hope yours come back just as fast.
  • Edited by Elliebee 2007-10-12 14:21:28
I'd rung Puja Travel when IHC in London stopped doing postal visas...and was told it was £10 per visa. Rung them just now - and its gone up to £20 per visa! So have to send cheque to them for £100 PLUS Special Delivery envelope for them to return.

So by the time you buy the SD envelope to enclose it costs about the same as Benmar, they return via SD in the £107 I've paid for 2 visas. You can elect to have normal post, but I don't think anyone would, even if it is cheaper.

They received them this morning, so it's just a matter of how long it takes to get them back.
Thanks for that Elliebee! Will see what happens. She did say because of the postal strike it may take longer, but i thought special deivery was not affected? :hmmm
The following message has just appeared on the website of the Doncaster (Ffestiniog Travel) Agent.

"Important Notice

Due to the quota now imposed on us by the Indian Consulate we regret that we are currently unable to accept any new requests for Visas. We will update this message when we are able to accept new applications"

Also, their visa price is now showing as having has just jumped from £40 to £50.

Am I alone in thinking it's another rip-off.
:roll: My feelings EXACTLY! :roll:
Just checked the Benmar website, they have a notice they have added today saying that they cannot accept any more applications until 15 November at the earliest!!!! They received mine this morning, so now I have to wait and see what happens next.

This situation is getting beyond ridiculous
Puja Travel have just phoned to say they have got our visas. I Sent them on the 11th. Will send them out to us next week??
It is a complete RIP OFF and i think a lot of people will be put off from coming to Goa in the next two years. what a shame for all the people who have not seen Goa and for the local people who rely on tourism.

Lets hope they get their act together and make things easier and less expensive for people.

Mike
Two days ago, we received a letter from our local First Choice travel shop to advise us that we should go onto the HCI website to read their announcement about visas and how to apply for one.

We couldn't believe that it has taken them so long to do it? When we bought our holiday, we already knew about the new process (which is more than the First Choice shop did).

Fortunately, we have had our visas for over a month now so it isn't a problem for us, but they have known for a while about the change.

Also, it is all very well First Choice saying go onto the HCI website, but what about those people without computers?
:o if its any help to anyone , we used seagull travel ( in the hci list ) we dropped ours off monday dinner time and recieved visas in post thursday morning £30 for visa plus £30 for the service plus £5 postage.
london postal visas back on.
Puja travel great, one of our party is disabled going for 6 months so we were worried about the time scale as they say allow 2 weeks went down to see them in person to explaine they got our visas on the 1st possible day to allow him to travel fantastic :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.