Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just read Walks post and I can't believe what I have just read - we sent our visa applications to an agent on 8 October and they are still not back as they say there is a backlog at Birmingham :evil: They also told me that Birmingham was closed last week for Diwali :evil: I think you have just proved to me that they are telling a few untruths :rage
I think they are telling untruths too, they collected ours from Birmingham last week (so they say) and they were out in the post to us last Tuesday.
Ki77y. Which agent have you used and what is yout travel date ? We go on 8 December. We were told that there is a backlog and they're dealing with it depending on date of travel. We're still waiting for ours and we sent them to an agent 4 weeks ago. Every time I phoned they tell me not to worry there's a backlog. Thing is when it's been over 4 weeks and people sending them in direct are having them issued in 4 days I do start to worry. I have sent an e mail to my agent stressing how I've paid them to deal with my 7 passports and how I now expect them to earn their money and get on to the consulate. See how that goes.
hi i took my passport to my local agent for £50 on the 18 oct,got it back today,she said it turned up on friday,she must of had over 100 passports come back at that one time,fair enough it never cost me anything extra in postage as i took it there instead of sending it to her and i know the postage is prob included in that price. but i'd hate to think how much these agents were and are still making,,so im glad its gone back to the original system..but at least i have mine and can use it again in march/april,
i hope everyone gets theirs back asap
:lol:
That's good news for you rob well done, I just feel so sorry :cry: for all the others that are so worried that they have not thers back yet, We are so very lucky. I think these agents have got a lot to answer for they just jumped on the band waggon when they saw a opportunity, but a lot are letting so many people down now But how much money have they made :x I hope they don't do this again next yr with the visas, As it is putting a awful lot of people of going to India.

fingers crossed for all you that are waiting

Pip
x :ghug
Hubby took our passport to agent on 10th Oct was told to ring on 24th Oct ....which I did, 'sorry as you dont travel til Jan we havent sent your passports.....grrrrr but we need our passports at the end of Nov, ok we will send then on monday 29th Oct and ring to check it they are back on 8th Nov which I did, sorry they arent back yet.. I explain YET AGAIN that I need the passports for end of Nov........I was told not to worry it would be back in plenty of time and other peoples passport are more important than mine :twisted: Ring Monday 12th after 3pm will def be back.........yep you guessed still not back got to now ring on Friday.

Because we needed our passpost for Nov I decided to apply in plenty of time.........I dont think the agents have the right to choose which passports they take to the embassy, then cant possibly know peoples situation. I am utterley disgusted with how we have all been treated, like many other members have said its enough to put people of going, this is our 8th visit and I can honestly say if I hadnt have already booked Im sure we would have gone else where there are plenty more courties that welcome tourist with open arms :D

Jules
Goanaddict

That is terrible - perhaps you should "name and shame". Why don't you ask them to return them to you immediately and then go down the postal route. I would have thought that any decent agent would not treat their customers in this way - as you say they have no idea whether you need your passport for other purposes.

Candybabe
Candybabe, I have ever intention of naming and shaming but I would rather have my passorts back first would hate them or anyone connected with the agency to read my report :wink: They have told me that the passport are now at the embassy wait to be processed so I guess I will have to just wait till Fri and the maybe re-assess.

I will keep you informed

Jules
This sounds familiar. I also sent ours on the 16th October by special delivery. I rang on the 19th to make sure the agent had got them and they said they were scheduled to go to the consulate the following week. I suspect very much that they may not have gone the following week and were prioritised in travel date order by the agent. I am currently in a backward forward email situation with the agent as they keep on saying that they expect them back Monday.....Monday comes and no passport or visa. I got fed up of being told about the date order thing so asked what travel date the consulate are currently processing....worrying thing is agent told me that the ones they received back yesterday are for a departure date of 16/11 ! As I don't go until early December it looks as though I have a few weeks left to go. So much for the 2 week turnaround advertised on the website. :?
Thanks for that nicola,

wow 14 days! I think I'll have to get it in the post tomorrow just in case.
:shock:
ooo almost forgot. One thing the agent did say was not to worry as they havn't actually had anyone yet who's not received their visa before their travel date. Reassuring eh ?
But not reassuring if you happen to need your passport for other purposes!

Candybabe
I wonder if this problem is just with one agent? Seems like a story I had and have heard of since.
Sorry candybabe. My reassuring comment was meant to be sarcastic....reassured is exactly what I'm not with Christmas post disruption coming up. I never thought when I sent mine in on Oct 16 that I might get them back a day or 2 before I go. Noticed the agent cashed my cheque on the 17th though..... :roll:
Sim1

I did realise your were being sarcastic. If any members are thinking of using an agent in the future they should be aware of how some of them operate and at least ask the right questions before they go ahead.

In each walk of life there are always some who spoil it for the many good companies out there.

Candybabe
Can't believe it. Had just pressed submit on my previous ranting about my visa and the agent rang to say my passports with visas have come back today and will be posted out tomorrow. Not getting too excited until I get them back but it looks like my e mails may have had some effect. :D
Brilliant Sim. That is what happened to us last Tuesday. OH had a phone call in the morning to say they had them back, we went out to celebrate Tuesday evening and when we got back I tracked them on Royal Mail and they were in the post. Picked them up from Post Office on Wednesday. At least you can stop worrying now. Hope the others have theirs too.
Sim1

Excellent news - I bet you double check them though.

Candybabe
Best of it is I sent 7 passports. 4 for my family and 3 for my sister. I have dealt with all correspondence with the agent and it's my name and address on the special delivery envelope and me who has sent all the e mails. Guess who the agent rang to advise that the visas had come ???? yep. My sister who knew nothing about any of it ! Don't care now though I shall just wait anxiously for the post man.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.