Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yippee - our visas have arrived :D We can now start getting excited about our holiday :hyper - 8 days to go :yipee
Good news on the visa's, it is such a relief when you have your visa's, you can now start to look forward to your holiday.

Enjoy you holiday 11 days to go for me, can't wait. :D
Thanks Twebby and a happy holiday to you too :D
Thats fantastic news ki77y at least one of us has had their visa's back MAYBE mine will be just behind yours now.

Have a fantastic holiday.
Ours arrived back this morning too. And no spelling mistakes. I am well relieved. Hope yours come soon slleps r us. I know it's a horrid feeling waiting for them.
Great news Ki77y and Sim1, it's such a relief when they come back OK. Sleeps I really hope yours are with you in the next day or so.
You're right Polly the headache I have had all week has disappeared.

Sleeps hope you get good news about yours tomorrow - keep us informed.

Happy holidays to all.
Had a simular problem to everyone by the sounds, the agency cashed our cheque on 5th October, have been ringing them for two weeks now, constantly being told they are being done in date order and are at the HC in Brum. We were told a Max of 20 working days turn around, then the HC was closed for Diwalli. My other half is having kittens because we are fying on 24th Nov. I have been onto the agency all week explaining I need mine for a work related flight on Monday. Been told today that its in the post back to me but I will not be holding my breath. I am majorlly peeved at the moment
Sounds like we have all been using the same agent!!! Not good news.
Hi

Thats good news Ki77y and Sim - and anyone else who have now put the whole farse behind them, I phoned yest and was told they are back, OH going to collect them this aft im still not shouting from the roof top till hubby says he has them in hand and there are no mistakes :wink:
I think Im still shocked that the whole situation has been allowed to happen in the first place..........no other country I have been to have EVER treat tourist in this way :evil:

Will confirm when hubby FINALLY rings me lol

Jules
goanaddict

What a weight off your mind (assuming they are all OK). When you are finally sitting on the beach with the drink of choice in your hand, you will laugh about the whole thing and put it out of your mind until next time.

Enjoy the holiday - I go just before Christmas Eve and am counting the days.

Candybabe
I was told by the agent that if you have flight tickets you can meet one of them at consulate and they will get visa on the spot, i dont understand why they dont know which consulate it is at,they have offered a service so you must have a comeback,you must be at your wits end ,im so sorry.
Just checked the Royal Mail special delivery tracking number for our visas.

Its showing them in the system to be delivered before 1 pm tomorrow.

If any one is curious how long it is taking at the moment i Sent then to London and they arrived on the 8th November. so its taken 10 working days to process them.

Just got to wait for Feb to come round now.
Left ours with an authorised travel agents on 20th Oct - not back yet - we fly in 9 days!!!!
who is the TA and what are they saying?
TA is Your Travel Shop in Bolton - we were advised that there was only a 2 day turnaround time but to assume 10. They advised that they sent somebody on a daily basis to the HCI in London with the Visa apps and picked up any completed ones and brought them back-Have now established that the Visa's are in Birmingham (we completed the London Visa app as requested but not sure if this would matter and when I questioned them about the chap going to London as they said, this was very nicely skirted around!). We were advised today, and I quote, "the Embassies are in a bit of a mess at the moment!". The Visa's are being dealt with on a Date order basis (as you would expect) and they are working on Visas for people who are travelling in the next few days although this contradicts the info on here! We were told to expect the Visa's by Friday - 6 days before we are due to travel!!
sounds familiar- have you been reading sleeps thread on visa problems?
Hmm? Posted my 3 applications off on the 4th of Nov to London HIC..

Not got anything back yet, my daughter flys out to Amsterdam for her Xmas bash next month, so fingers and toes crossed we get them soon..

However I had a previous experience a few years ago, we sent them off in Nov and were going away for Xmas..We waited and waited, I finally phoned them and explained and they sorted them that day :)

Will keep you all posted

Ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.