DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
go2spain
24 Posts
jules29,

I had heard of Go2Spain but when I first checked them they weren't much special in terms of pricing, so I thought I'd check them out again in case they had decided to get in the game and lower their prices.

Maybe I'm not entering in the same requirements as you but I got some very different results...

Magic Cristal Park
20-27th July
2 adults and 2 kids (All Inclusive)

Winter Sunshine = £648.65
Go2Spain = £697.28
Alpha = £697.02

Can I ask did you follow the Go2Spain booking all the way through? As that price on the first page seems to be a VERY rough guesstimate :S

Jazz.
yes my mistake didn't click on "book it" price said £823 then when you clicked on book it it went up to £1098!!! wintersunshine are £1128 now so not much difference and I also believe wintersunshine will look into it if you can get a cheaper deal elsewhere, I'll be sticking to wintersunshine as you get a 5% loyalty discount. Thought the price was too good to be true!Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Its always worth giving go2spain a ring, i did and they had a special offer on that wasnt yet on the website saving me about £30 on the net price. Do shop around, i always do!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Hi, I`ve booked a week in Lanzarote with go2spain.co.uk. Their price for the hotel I wanted was the cheapest I could find on the net. Has anyone any experience of them. I know they are not ABTA bonded but I thought it would be worth a risk because paying by credit card offers protection.
Hi, Don`t know why my question has come up again! Thanks for your replies. The thing was go2spain came out cheaper for me because I`ve never used WSH before so I didn`t have a discount. We wanted the Lanzarote Princess hotel, go2spain came up at £429 and WSH at £444 and Travel republic at £440. I`ve never used any of them before. We usually book direct with the hotel or use Hotel Connect. On reflection I think we should have gone with WSH in order to get the discount next time. The price quoted by go2spain was still there after I clicked on `book it` but I did have to pay 8% for using the credit card. Anyway `hey ho` I`ve done it now! I just wanted to know if anyone had used them and were they OK.
sorry the question didn`t come up twice :oops: :oops: :oops: I`m seeing double - again!
Hi Jax!
I've used go2spain quite a few times and never had a problem with them. I always shop around and they normally come out the cheapest for me. Although I have used Alpharooms and Travelrepublic a few times as well.
We've always been able to check in easily and had good rooms.
Hope you have a good holiday. :D
Thanks for that. I just get nervous having to pay all that money out in advance!
Thanks for the replies but i booked with BenidormDirect inthe end had 3 prices to choose from and decided to go for their price it was in the middle one company wsh seemed too dear,go2 spain just seemed too cheap to believe so I went for BenidormDirect.
The total prices for each company were:wsh: £475.00.
go2spain: £258.54.
benidormdirect: £298.00.
This was for the camposol benidorm fullboard 2 adults 3rd jul 08 7 nights.
Deposit was £20.00.per person. Their charges for using a debit card was 40p if it was a credit card it was 2.25% of the amount taken on the day did'nt fancy paying 8% as someone has written. I just sent my request to them got the price then went back and booked it on their website.Iknow some people take a risk but it seems BenidormDirect have been around alot longer than some other companies. Turns out they can book all of hotels and apartments in spain. Might go back to them as I fancy Lloret de mar next year and some other parts of spain for short breaks.Thats if I can get some cheap flights
I am the Marketing manager for go2spain.co.uk and it has been interesting reading everyone's posts. Just to clarify, we do aim to be the cheapest in the market, we analyse our competitors daily to ensure this. However, that said we are not always the cheapest, but I would estimate that 90% of the time we are.

I would also like to clarify that just because our prices are the cheapest, it does not mean by any account that we are of poorer quality than any our competitors. The prices we offer do not represent quality at all, we offer the same rooms in the same hotels as our competitors.

As for an 8% credit card fee, that is totally untrue. Our credit card fee is 2% and always has been.

Olivia Skeen
Marketing manager
go2spain.co.uk
0034 952 928 787
Hi Olivia, Please accept my sincere apologies for the misleading information I posted regarding your credit cards fees. I payed a booking fee of £8.58 on a total of £429. 02 which is 2%. I meant to say £8 not 8%. I would like to add that I was very happy with the service I received. We had a wonderful holiday and I would definitely use your company again. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hi Jax

Apology accepted! Glad you had a good holiday.
i went with go to spain a few times and it was all ok. had to change a passenger and it all went well although they did make a small charge for it. can't speak for what they are like now as it was a couple of years ago but i do still get emails from them
I go to Spain about 4/5 times a year and always use Go2Spain. I find they are invariably the cheapest, though sometimes there isnt a lot in it. Whats important to me is that they have never let me down, and their customer services staff are excellent. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Contact number for anyone wishing to contact Go2Spain - 0870 755 0454

luci :wave
Gone bust :O.

Mum had booked with them to go to nerja 16th July?

Anybody know how they can claim?
Hello,

Their website has been updated with information regarding procedures to follow. Unfortuntely unless you booked by credit card it is gonna make uncomfortable reading :(

http://www.go2spain.co.uk/

All the best

Mark
Someone who had there holiday cancelled by them rang credit card provider and they said because the booking was made more than 72 days ago she wasn't entitled to a refund.Is this correct.

Maryb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.