Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
go2spain.co.uk
27 Posts
Hi joules

I am really sorry to read this.

I read about Go2Spain on another website this evening, but we haven't posted anything about the company as I can't yet find anything official to confirm that they have ceased trading.

It will depend on which type of debit card your parents booked with as to whether they can claim from the card company. I believe you can claim if it is a Visa Debit card. There is some info HERE.

I have checked the ABTA website and they don't appear to be a member.

luci :wave
Found this info

The Go2Spain booking engine is currently unavailable.

If urgent, please call 0871 220 1107.

They are (I think) part of Azura Travel Group which is South African based from the little bit I have been able to check.

Creditgate show Azura Travel and Azura Travel Ltd.

Couls not find them as ATOL listed either.

What documents do you have - what addresses do they show and what trade bodies if any?

Did they book a package - Flights and Hotels or just Hotel?

I would suggest trying the number shown above.

Sorry cannot help further at this point - if you post some answers to the questions above we might be able to check further for you.

fwh
I also found this on another thread.
Olivia Skeen,Marketing Manager of go2spain.co.uk
Tel 0034 952 928 787
As far as I am aware, as Go2Spain are (or were) only an accommodation provider, rather than a travel agent or tour operator providing packages or flights, they didn't need and didn't have any ABTA or ATOL bonding. The contact information referred to above by Mary B, which was posted some time ago in our DIY Holidays forum, indicates a connection with Intervest Ltd of Gibraltar.

David :wave
Hi Everyone

Just to update you, my boyfriends mam spoke to her bank and they've started a dispute against the payment.

She's contacted the hotel directly this morning who have confirmed that go2spain have ceased trading and their reservation had been cancelled. She has rebooked with the hotel but its cost nearly 1k more to do so, which was the case back when she first booked with go2spain. She's relieved to have still got the rooms though.

Thanks to those who came to our assistance, if the dispute goes through successfully with the bank i'll let you all know.

Joules
Contact number for anyone wishing to contact Go2Spain - 0870 755 0454

Got letter today from liquidator saying that this mess is governed under Gibralter law. Although Gib. is British, it seems that they are also a haven for wide boys setting up companies with some degree of anonimity, as is IOM , British Virgin Islands and Island of Nevis. Only solution is clawback through CC company. Bet this guy will be back in business before long, as happened to open holidays in 2006/7. :(
Many thanks for the updated information.

At the risk of repeating myself and some other members, the comment on Credit Cards really does need serious consideration by all those who object to paying the small charge incurred.

I have just been reimbursed by my supplier due to a company going bust - including the cc fee - totally painless experience.

fwh
This happened the other year with a company who failed and opened up again and again.Trouble is whilst we're all getting prices which are unrealstic we buy until the company comes unstuck and then when you price it in the real world,you realise that these company must be up to no good.Last month some people were jailed for this for fraud.It really is very upsetting for the traveller if you get your money back that's fine but on a debit card well it's gone.
There are plenty of rogue companies and people out there, but there are also a lot of small companies who are anything but.

We are in a recession, although you would not know it. There are lots of people booking holidays without any thought of how they will afford them.

The credit card has a lot to answer for. Buy now and worry rather than pay later seems to be the slogan.

Without the facts on this company it is very easy to suggest that they were up to no good. We shall have to wait and see.

The firm I had booked with that went bust had provided me, and at least one other member of HT with holidays for the last four years with no problems.

Cut backs by those who act responsible, the pound/euro rate and rising costs can easily tip a firm over the edge. The prices for this year were set before the crunch and when operating on small profits even a small downturn in business can have a dramatic effect.

The thing to remember is no company is safe at present. Pay (at least the deposit) by credit card rather than debit card, cheque or cash is one way of safeguarding your money.

fwh
[b]my wife and I booked on 21/05/08 with go2spain,at a cost of £330 which included a hotel cancelation insurance with Staysure travel ins co,the hotel Nero in Benidorm for 1wk starting the 19/6/08 ,when we arrived at the hotel at 1.30pm we were told that they had been told at 12,oclock that day to cancel the room and that I would have to pay for the room myself costing another £375. ÂÂÂ
I found out from my son in the uk that go2spain website had shut down and that a --- removed --- of go2spain would be arranging for payment to be made directly to the hotel as they had a slight banking problem this was promised over the next few days this never happened.I have tried to contact staysure but they pass the buck to someone else.
I contacted Fortis my own travel ins, only to be told that the policy does not cover liquidation.How companies are allowed for this to happen beats me.I had since been told that go2spain have some connection wth Hotelbeds
So check that your booking company is ABTA bonded this one was not.
  • Edited by MarkJ 2008-06-27 15:54:50
    Removed name of member of staff
Hi, myself and my husband have also fallen victim to losing our holiday this September. My family have used Go2Spain for the last 3 years without complaint.
Included with the notifivation of our loss is a form regarding a creditors meeting on 31st July. Is there any point in filling it in? I would be grateful for any help regarding this.
Hi, I have also lost my holiday because of go2spain.co.uk. I was lucky enough to have booked it by credit card, I was wondering does anybody know how i got about trying to claim my money back? Any reply would be great.
I telephoned them first and explained. They told me to write explaining what had gone wrong - say you are claiming under Section 75 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974 - and which department I should address it to. This I did attaching copies of the documents.

I then received a letter from them asking that I sign the attached form and return it together with copies of any documentation ( I know )

The money was returned to my account within a few days.

Very simple and painless.

Good luck

fwh
We got stung by Go2Spain too. We booked and paid in Feb this year, we also took out their staysure insurance, and booked our transfers through them too. We flew on the 19th June, only to find once we got to the airport that our transfer company (hotelbeds) had gone home. Another company called the hotelbeds rep and he said that the transfers had been cancelled that morning, and that we should get a taxi to the resort. They wouldn't say more than that so we just paid for a cab (20E)

We arrived at our complex to be told that our Go2spain had gone into liquidation that day, and that the hotel had never received the money for our stay. They called the emergency line on the go2spain paperwork and the girl that answered confirmed that they had gone into liquidation and asked if we could pay the hotel direct and they would pay the money into my bank account the next day. We refused as it would have taken a chunk of our spending money. The girl on the phone at go2spain was really apologetic and spoke again to the complex and agreed that they would sort it out. We were just in a terrible state. I was in tears with worry and embarrassment, as were my kids. We were told by the hotel not to worry and shown to our rooms.

During the course of the week we spoke to the hotel staff several times regarding the matter, and we were told that the booking had been remade but only for 6 nights through hotelbeds (so I would beware of them, as our hotel told us that go2spain are part of hotelbeds and would be restarting as hotelbeds) The upshot is that our hotel said they would get paid by hotelbeds but not til after we had left. They were talking to hotelbeds to get the booking changed to reflect the 7 nights we stayed. When we asked what would happen if they didn't pay, we were told 'well then we will be out of pocket, but you are not to worry' I really cannot beleive how great our complex owners were! (Mansion de Nazaret)

We left without having to pay any extra to the complex, and were just out the extra 40E we spent on cabs to and from the airport. We paid for everything with a Maestro card, is there anything we can do?
Just wanted to add that I received an email this morning from go2spain!! Bit late to tell us after we have returned! I never received an email to tell me they had gone into liquidation on or before the 19th June.
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2008-06-28 18:50:15
    EMail removed - sorry but it may be classed as confidential.
I can't find anywhere stating that Go2spain are connected to Hotelbeds,but hotelbeds are a part of Tui Travel PLC as is Hotelopia,bedsonline and laterooms.com.

Regards Mary.

P.S Would like to know either way.
holidayroomsdirect.com, the company appointed to administer the process.

From their website http://www.go2spain.co.uk

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.