Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi
Ltn is a fairly large municipal airport but the facilities dont rearly match the the number of passengers, there is a couple of snack bars but not what i would consider a resterant,where are you traveling from to luton and what mode of transport as you will proberbly do better to eat befor you arrive..
brian
We are blessed with a Burger King :? at Luton Airport, together with an airside 'restaurant' which serves pizzas/cafe style food (which is very expensive). I believe the airside pub serves food also but agree with Brian, eat before you get there!

Cazz
Thanks for that.
Looks like i will have to make sandwiches as we are catching the coach in Birmingham at 8 am and I am not a breakfast person!!
Just means more stuff to carry - oh well it is worth it to save 400 quid!!!!
I have just received an e-mail from EasyJet saying that the new extension at Luton Airport opens today and that you should allow more time to find your way around. This a news item from the airport web-site :-

http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/news.asp?id=137
we have got lifts up to luton but need to get back can anyone recomend cheapest way for a family of 4
Well I think a taxi might be expensive. You could get the train, the station isn't too far away from the airport, but would probably mean going into London then out again. They may even have coaches from the airport into London, then the train.
Just found the following information

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/luton_easybus.htm

Also there is a free shuttle bus to the station from the airport.
Can anyone suggest a decent parking facility on or near Luton airport that doesn't cost a fortune? Its for a week in April. Thanks.
Hi there

When we have flown from Luton Airport we always use the BCP airport parking facility. It is a short trip from the main terminal but they provide a courtesy bus to and from terminal and it is open 24 hours. We have always found them very reasonable price wise. Try taking a look at http://www.bcponline.co.uk.

Bizzilady
Book your parking through Holiday Extras with Airparks £20.93 for a week £2.99 a day. just off the M1 transport all the time. just great value.
I checked for the week 3rd April to the 10th.
:thanks for quick responses. Will check them both out.
We always use the Airparks at Slip End, cheaper than the rest and only 10 minutes from the airport.
thanks sandy
Its years since I travelled from Luton normally go from Gat, Hrow or Stansted. Ive just read your link above about the refurbishment, I didnt know this had happened so it will be really interesting to see it in all its glory, i'm hoping there will be somewhere decent to eat there. :D
'Jet crash closes Luton airport'

Why do newspapers and the media like to sensationalise these very rare events in this way:?:

From what I understand, the aircraft involved in the incident did not crash. It simply overshot the runway.

In addition to which, although most departing flights were not affected, and there was some limited disruption to inbound flights, the airport was certainly not 'closed' :!: :!: :!:
Departing flights certainly were affected.

My Mum was flying from luton to Murcia yesterday and rang to say that nothing was moving in or out of the airport and it was pretty much pandamonium - they were being bused to Stansted to take off from there. They eventually took off 4.5 hrs late which probably wasn't bad seeing as they went from an entirely different airport.
the runway was closed for about 3 hrs but its the knock on effect with diverted aircraft in the wrong places

wizard
Benidorm Here I Come

If I drove my car off the road and into a muddy ditch I'd describe it as a crash.
I think the media were right in alerting the public to the disruption this accident caused.

Pippy :D
Me too Pippy
I'd far rather they reported it than hushed it up. I'm sure anybody who was there had a dreadful day staff and passengers alike. It's amazing how blaze people can be when not involved themselves!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.