Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks.

What she will have to do is then, once we checked in, she will have to go out and have one before we go air side and she'll just have to wait.
Luton airport misery as drop-off fee causes chaos
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article6632936.ece

Can you believe this? I don't know whether it is just the papers exaggerating things as usual? Has anyone been to Luton since this new scheme was implemented?
I used Luton airport for the first time last week..I did ring the long stay car park company before hand as I was worried about missing my flight because of queues as mentioned in the Times article.

The reality is apparently its only in thr early morning that there are problems.

On a slightly different note (and I have no axe to grind with the people that work there) I thought Lutn airport was a dump and reminded me of those small Greek island airports I used to be stranded at in the 80's awaiting a delayed charter flight.

They charge a non refundable quid if you use a bagge trolly (so most people in "the know" were not using them)..They charge you for those clear plastic bags to put your toiletries in through security & now a charge to drop off.

The toilets on arriving back were filithy and disgusting.

I never thought i'd say Gatwick is a palace in comparison

I'd only use Luton airport again if the price of the flights was cheap.
Hi,

This maybe a silly question but does anybody know if the Boots shop after security sells baby stuff, i.e nappys, milk, food etc...

Has anyone used the "Priority Lane" option to get through security.

Does it offer any real benefits?
I used it in December went we went to Egypt. If did save us a lot of time as security queue was huge and we walked straight to the front of the priority lane were there were no queues. We had our 3 yr old daughter with us so not hanging around for ages in another queue was great (it had already taken ages to check in).
what happens when more than 50% pay to use the priority lane.............?
Can anyone please recommend a decent B&B or hotel near to Luton Airport that's around 50 pounds for two of us.
Our flight leaves at 0725hrs on Fri May 20th so guess nowhere will provide breakfast to match a 5.30 to 5.45 check in.
Advice on best deals for 10 days parking would also be good please?

Many thanks!

Andy
It can work out cheaper if you book hotels with parking included.
This may help.... book through VoucherCodes.co.uk and get 10% discount with HolidayExtras using code WS793.
What are the options for travelling to Luton airport from South Wales plesae? My son's got a flight booked for the end of April and is looking for the most economical way to get there. His car drinks petrol so he's looking for another option. I've seen that national express go there by way of one change but it''s pricing up at over £100 one way. I haven't looked at train options yet which is where I'm hoping somebody might be able to help us out. thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.